May 2014 Weddings

any Sunday brides?

Hi all,

I'm new to this board and wanted to say congrats to all the May 2014 brides! We got engaged in June and are getting married on a Sunday evening - May 18, 2014 (yes...planning in under a year...woohoo!). Wanted to know if anyone else is getting married on a Sunday. So far, we have the venue and photographer and are starting to investigate florists and bands. Did you Sunday ladies have difficulty with availability and/or less selection with your choice of vendors? Or did you have your pick of the lot and discounts to boot? Thanks for your input! By the way, I'm a Massachusetts bride so any local suggestions much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: any Sunday brides?

• We have the same wedding date! We really didn't have any trouble booking our vendors but we're also having a two year engagement and did a lot of the major planning in the beginning of our engagement. I don't think having a Sunday wedding will affect booking any vendors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! Newbie here! Our wedding date is May 25th, a Sunday, but it is Memorial Day weekend. Our wedding venue in Chicago charged the same price no matter what day it is. I started planning in May and didnt have any trouble with booking our date with vendors.
  • Hi everyone! Congrats as well! Our date is the same--May 25th! yaay! Havent had any issues yet but still have to get a florists, dj and baker.
  • I'm a Sunday bride too. (25th!) We haven't had any trouble finding vendors. I think there was one caterer that didn't work on Sundays, but not a big deal. Our venue was a lot cheaper, but the other vendors haven't been any different.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a Sunday Bride May 25th as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our vendors and venue were also alot cheaper!!!!
  • I'm getting married on May 4th! We are nerds and love Star Wars! :)
  • We are getting married on Sunday May 25 as well!  We saved a ton of money on our reception location because it is on a Sunday!  Vendors are booking up in this area, as the holiday weekend is extremely popular  :)
  • Hi we are getting married on May 18th!! too.  We did not have any problems booking our venue. We got engaged in Feb and so far I have found a venue, booked a photographer/videographer, DJ, my dress (YAY).  Right now I am working on invites and save the dates, finding a florist, as well as food selection, and a cake.  There is always something to do. As soon as you give yourself a pat on the back for accomplishing something there is something new to do ...  But I love it!!

• We are getting married May 18th as well :) 

We haven't ran into any problems, honestly vendors have been more available and gotten discount because it is an "off" day! 
  • I'm getting married on May 4th! It's a Sunday. I've gotten a lot of discounts for booking a Sunday!
  • I'm getting married on May 4th! We are nerds and love Star Wars! :)
    Ohh that's awesome I considered a 'May the 4th be with you' wedding but my FI was just a little too into it, haha.

I am a Sunday bride because the venue I wanted was available on May 18 only. We'll be doing an early afternoon wedding. So far so good with hiring vendors, haven't run into an issue yet, fingers crossed!
    -anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards