Illinois-Chicago

Affordable Wedding dress

Hey all, anyone have any suggestions where to find a dress in Chicago or north suburbs? I'd like to stay under under $800. Any ideas will help. Thanks!

Re: Affordable Wedding dress

• I looked at House of Brides recently. But felt most of the stuff was outside that type of budget. I'm going to be looking at David's Bridal as well.

I will probably end up buying my dress online.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you check Wedding Belles or Weddings 826?
  • I second Wedding Belles and Weddings 826 and also recommend Jasmine Galleria in Lombard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure what your style is, but I highly recommend checking out places like Nordstroms, Saks, and Macy's-- search for white evening gowns. You can buy something amazing in the evening section and you'll save money simply because it's not "bridal".  I bought a beaded Sue Wong evening gown from Nordstroms that retailed for about $600 and I got it for $300! 

• I bought mine at David's Bridal for $650. Also don't forget alterations if your goal is $800, because they typically run $200 to $300. Also, I think corset backs are cheaper for alterations cost...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I got my dress (Alfred Angelo) for $500 at the Bridal Boutique of Naperville. It's a sample dress store, but the dresses I saw were all in fantastic quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards