Registry and Gift Forum

Registry Coma

Anyone else worn out after registering? It's totally fun don't get me wrong, but truly there's so many choices out there! for everything! My fiancé and I have gone together for a lot of stuff, and I've  also been adding things here and there, so I have about 75% done. It's comical how much I all of a sudden care about what my everyday sugar bowl is going to look like! LOL

Re: Registry Coma

• CookieD86 said:

Anyone else worn out after registering? It's totally fun don't get me wrong, but truly there's so many choices out there! for everything! My fiancé and I have gone together for a lot of stuff, and I've  also been adding things here and there, so I have about 75% done. It's comical how much I all of a sudden care about what my everyday sugar bowl is going to look like! LOL

Maybe you're trying too hard? I mean, like, selecting an everyday sugar bowl. Maybe you're done and don't realize it. What makes you think you're 75% finished?
  • I only need to register for a few more things so I'm almost done thank god. Just overwhelming stuff to get for a house, and we have over 300 ppl invited to the wedding so I need stuff of different price ranges to accommodate everyone and the stuff we want. I know the sugar bowl is a funny example lol.
  • Where are you registering?  I find shopping at BBB to be exhausting, never mind registering there.  
  • Macy's, and BBB. I hear ya girl!
  • I just do BBB online, the store is soooo clustered. gr. thank god for the internet! The big stuff though I do in store.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I started my registries online for Macy's and BBB, that helped me keep the store trips to a reasonable time.

I also registered at Crate & Barrel (mainly for their dishes) and I went there in person so I could pick up the plates and see how they felt.  Since I didn't want the dishes to be the only thing on that registry I also explored the store and added some more stuff (table cloths, napkins, napkin rings, some entertaining pieces, etc.)

With all three registries I added stuff if I was at all interested in it and then went back a day or so later and compared the items between all the registries.  It was easier to delete stuff when my mind wasn't so "busy" with options.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I just started registering, so its still all fun for me. We did end up not registering at Sur la Table, specifcially because we walked in and my FI felt overwhelmed with how cluttered it is.

Anniversary
  • Couldn't agree any more!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards