Chit Chat

VMAs

Anyone watch them last night? I didn't but I've seen.... "highlights".... thoughts? Favorite/least favorite moments? Any NSYNC fans?

Re: VMAs

• I only watched Gaga's performance. I recorded the rest of the show so that is what I will be doing after work today!

I really like Miley but I am nervous to watch her performance.

• vk2204 said:

It was pretty gross, but mostly because she kept sticking her damn tongue out like she was trying to viciously eat out a giant.

• Miley was a complete disgrace. She was trashy and vulgar, gyrating with a foam hand, "twerkin" with Robin Thicke, her ass cheeks (and weird skin?) were all exposed.

Justin was incredible! I was pretty disappointed in N'Sync. They were out there for what, like 8 seconds? 

I fell asleep after Macklemore so I don't know what else went on. 

• I felt violated by Miley. Lady Gaga was wonderful! N sync was way way way too short. Blink and you would have missed them. And, who doesn't love Katy Perry?
  • vk2204 said:

It was pretty gross, but mostly because she kept sticking her damn tongue out like she was trying to viciously eat out a giant.

That's hot.

I saw the pictures of Miley's bum, it was compared to an old man's bottom lol. Poor girl!

• And, who doesn't love Katy Perry?

Me. I would not be disappointed if she just disappeared and never showed her face again.

• soontobehanbysoontobehanby member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Miley was disgusting. We get it! You have officially proved that you are "grown up." You can stop twerking now. I must have missed the memo where growing up was equal to being vulgar, overtly sexual, and drugs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I watched clips this AM of NSYNC and Miley and Miley was GROSS. And I was sad NSYNC wasn't on longer.
    Anniversary
  • So Robin Thicke puts out yet another song about getting laid (and makes a music video for it that's literally just half naked girls strutting around) and Miley's overtly sexual and a disgrace?

I always love women slut shaming other women.
  • I don't like Blurred Lines either. Just saying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Please no GIFs of miley's ass! Please please!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    So Robin Thicke puts out yet another song about getting laid (and makes a music video for it that's literally just half naked girls strutting around) and Miley's overtly sexual and a disgrace?

I always love women slut shaming other women.
    I think we were all referring to Miley's performance last night. Which WAS a disgrace. She pretended to masturbate with a foam finger on national TV in front of millions of people. How is that NOT disgraceful?

Edited to make sense.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think she just looked silly. I think she looks great, but there was no dancing there. I also think her singing was affected by her "performance". 

Robin Thicke showed up dressed in a suit of sorts, didn't touch himself (with his own hand or foam hand), twerk (though he did take part with Miley), or stick his tongue out. 

I was happy to hear of Ryan Lewis and Macklemore's win for Same Love. Great song. 
  • I loved the picture of the Smiths watching Miley Cyrus. Jaden looks like he's about to start crying: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/miley-cyrus-2013-vmas-performance-will-smith-jaden-and-willow-react-hilarious-picture-2013268
    Just FYI, that wasn't watching Miley.  That was watching Lady Gaga.

----
    My two cents on Miley.  I honestly thought Miley's performance was just stupid.  I don't want to see anyone dancing like that in that little - guy or girl.  I thought the faces she made were weird and I just felt awkward and embarrassed watching the whole thing.  And I didn't like the song.  Which, that's just me, I don't like very much Pop/Top 40/Hip-hop/Whatever.  I like country music.
  • You can stop twerking now.

That was not twerking. She doesn't have enough booty to do a good twerk.

• I'm not slut-shaming - Miley Cyrus' performance was objectively slutty and had little to no artistic value. And Robin Thicke's supporting role promoted her slutty behavior. He also supports sluttiness in his video. The music industry in general promotes overly sexual behavior and finds young girls (often untalented) to be poster children. It's pretty disgusting.

Also, Miley Cyrus needs to eat a sandwich. Stat. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Ugh I watched only miley's and regret it.. my poor eyes!!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I just kept thinking, she could do her hair any way and wear any outfit she wanted in the world, and she chose that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dottie05 said:
    I just kept thinking, she could do her hair any way and wear any outfit she wanted in the world, and she chose that?
    That's what my FI was all about.. how hideous her hair looked lol and that poor foam finger :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Miley's performance was just uncomfortable to watch because it was just so hideously bad.  Her voice sucked.  Her dancing sucked.  I didn't get the teddy bears and she is in no way sexy with a straw shaped figure and bun pig tails on top of her head.

I get what she is trying to do.  She wants to get rid of the whole Disney, good girl image and to show that she is an adult.  Well you can do that without acting like a complete fugly freak.  To make people think of you as an adult is to act like an adult and putting on an overly "sexy" show (I guess it was sexy in her mind) and rubbing yourself down with a foam finger does not make me think of you as an adult.  It makes me think of you as an immature, attention craving girl who has a lot of growing still to do.

• Her hair just reminded me of Gwen Stefani circa 2001ish. I also do not get the teddy bears. I think that it was inappropriate for her to do that performance but my guess is that she wanted people to talk about it and guess what we are, just like Janet and Justin at the superbowl and just like the Madonna/Britney kiss.
    I am so glad I wasn't the only one who wanted more N'Sync, Why could the have not performed longer!!

• DH and I are just finally watching them.  We're at the JT point.  We've decided we should have done a shot every time the cameras randomly pan to Taylor Swift (not her getting nominated or winning awards, just random crowd shots).   It's a good thing we didn't, cos I think we're well into double digits already and would have been absolutely tanked!!  :)

•   I thought Miley was awful! I loved Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin/ NSYNC, and Macklemore's performances!
  • My friend posted this on facebook. It's something I thought about but I was so distracted by the foam finger and white tongue that I forgot about it. It's about Miley's use of black women as props, how she manhandled them, and of course, the simulated rim job she gave one.

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

Anniversary

• My friend posted this on facebook. It's something I thought about but I was so distracted by the foam finger and white tongue that I forgot about it. It's about Miley's use of black women as props, how she manhandled them, and of course, the simulated rim job she gave one.

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

That was an incredibly thought provoking article.
    Anniversary
  • I just watched them. Did any one else think Chris Kirkpatrick looked like he hated his life?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually got into an argument with my bf tonight about Miley's performance. We both agree that her performance was unnecessarily raunchy and just terrible. However, I'm annoyed that she's getting ALL the backlash when Robin Thicke was grinding up against her singing about "blurred lines". My bf didn't get what I meant.

Basically this... copied+pasted from The Washington Post:

--As the sexologist Dr. Jill put it on Tumblr, “If you think a woman in a tan vinyl bra and underwear, grabbing her crotch and grinding up on a dance partner is raunchy, trashy, and offensive but you don't think her dance partner is raunchy, trashy, or offensive as he sings a song about "blurred" lines of consent and propagating rape culture, then you may want to reevaluate your acceptance of double standards and your belief in stereotypes about how men vs. women "should" and are "allowed" to behave.”--

Robin Thicke's mother wrote that that she was upset to see her put her butt that close to her son. The thing is... he didn't back away from her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards