October 2013 Weddings

Wedding weather

I was trying to search for an almanac to see what the weather is predicted to be like for the wedding.  If it is anything like my sister's wedding, which was 5 years ago Oct 18th, I will be thrilled!!! It was cool, but not too cool and sunny all day!!! Fingers crossed!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding weather

• Try this: http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather-history/

If you want a prediction, you'll have to either sign up for an account or buy something (I don't remember which). But, you can get the weather history for free.
  • i saw my first tree with the leaves changing this morning in my branch parking lot. fall is maine is so beautiful, but i especially hope october 12th is!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shannyb41shannyb41 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
    October 2013
    1st-3rd. Fair and cold.
    4th-7th. Showery weather.
    8th-11th. Turning fair and colder.
    12th-15th. Cold winds and rain are followed by clearing.
    16th-19th. Pleasant early fall weather.
    20th-23rd. Rain clears Mid-Atlantic States, then fair and cold. Showers for Upstate NY and New England, with wet snow over the Adirondack, White and Green mountains, then fair and cold.

Per the almanacs website...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • it better not rain on the 12th! my wedding is outside!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shannyb41 what, there won't be any weather at all for my wedding on the 26th? ;)
  • Yay for pleasant weather on the 19th!

• Ah no!!!   @joellennitsche I am the 12th too.  The almanac better be wrong this time!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about after the 23? I'm the 26...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lplions said:
    @shannyb41 what, there won't be any weather at all for my wedding on the 26th? ;)
    Not for free.  You'll have to pay to get that information.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't even begin to worry about this. Although, obviously, I hope for nice clear weather! Ah.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• The weather doesn't bother me.  I actually like rainy fall days.  Right now we are hoping to do pictures outside, of course, but our venue is so nice inside that I don't mind having that as a fall back.  I have zero control over it so I'm not worried.  It will be amazing no matter what.

Of course, I'm still hoping for blue skies...lol..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting nervous about the weather at the end of October. Recent years have been mild, but it has rained and/or snowed before. They're saying that this year is an 'unusual weather pattern' and that it may snow. Ugh! No snow please!! I've always wanted to get married outside. It can be moved inside, but I'd be upset.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
    43image [Said yes!] 
    16image [Are missing out!]
     16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
    RSVP Date October 01
  • Oooooooh I hope it snows. I love snow. I'd love to get some pictures outside in the snow....
  • @lplions - the reason I chose my photographer was because of a picture of a bride in the snow! It was beautiful.  however, i don't want snow on the 26.  If it comes - that's ok too :)  I'm just excited to have FI as my H!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm very nervous about this. We had initially planned to have an outdoor wedding in one of the hay meadows but decided against it as it was a wet spring and FI was worried it could damage the alfalfa. But lately I have been having a bad feeling it is going to blizzard on our wedding. The other day I was admiring a new calf and how "fluffy" it was. FI informed me that it was actually its winter hair and it is a sign that cold weather is very near... I'm not sure what to think though as we are bumping 100 degrees off and on this week. When I told him about being worried about a blizzard he reassure me that "according to the fog" we will not have snow until late Oct and the 1st blizzard won't be until the beginning of Nov. We shall see, all we can do is be prepared!
  • October 26 brides! I found the weather for the Northeast :) So if you believe in this stuff - here it is :)

October 2013
    1st-3rd. Fair and cold.
    4th-7th. Showery weather.
    8th-11th. Turning fair and colder.
    12th-15th. Cold winds and rain are followed by clearing.
    16th-19th. Pleasant early fall weather.
    20th-23rd. Rain clears Mid-Atlantic States, then fair and cold. Showers for Upstate NY and New England, with wet snow over the Adirondack, White and Green mountains, then fair and cold.
    24th-27th. Fair initially, then showers spread in from west.
    28th-31st. Unseasonably chilly weather for Halloween.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll give the September forecast for the Northeast as well - as that might help gauge how accurate this all is :)

September 2013
    8th-11th. Thunderstorms sweep in from west across New England, then fair.
    12th-15th. Unsettled weather spreads up from the south, with showery rains.
    16th-19th. Scattered showers, then fair.
    20th-23rd. Sunny skies.
    24th-27th. Fair and unseasonably chilly.
    28th-30th. Wet for New England, then fair and chilly. Showery for Mid-Atlantic States.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • better not rain on the 12th!!!! wahh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards