Outdoor Weddings

HELP- Lighting for Outdoor Night Ceremony

Okay, so I am realizing that by the time I go walking down the aisle it is going to be completely dark outside. My venue offers some lighting but not enough to light up the aisle. I don't think candles will create enough light to see our faces. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: HELP- Lighting for Outdoor Night Ceremony

• Google will give you tons of ideas.  It looks like twinkle lights and lanterns are two popular options.

Is your venue a traditional wedding venue?  What have they done with night ceremonies in the past?  Is it possible to move up the time of your ceremony so lighting isn't an issue?
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • The venue is used for weddings but it is brand new. They have a few sister sites that are built the same but I can't seem to find any pictures of people having their weddings at night there. Apparently I'm the only one doing that, lol. My wedding is on a Friday at 6:00, it's too late to change the time, invites go out at the beginning of Sept. I just felt like if it were any earlier on a Friday it would be hard for people to attend.

I have looked on google I see a lot of the large bulbed string of lights. I just didn't know if anyone had any other options. I'm still afraid it's not going to be enough, that it will just cast a small amount. I don't need all of the guests lit up but it would be nice to have enough lighting along the aisle.

• It might not be that dark when you get married.  Check the expected sunset times for your area on your wedding date.  Here's a site that might be helpful: 
  • The sunsets at 5:30 so it will be dark by then. I was thinking about either small spotlights on the side of the aisle (under the chairs) pointing up towards the aisle or some how stringing lights over head.
  • What about Christmas lights?

• Call around for local lighting companies who can maybe come in & do some lightening for you. Also some DJ's do lightening too.

• I will have to try that. I am going to a rental place this week to see what they have for options. Thank you.
  • Market lighting would work well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards