Wedding Woes
Options

You know what day it is?!

HUMP DAY!

It's also my last day of paid work this week.  I'll be busting my ass tomorrow to get us ready for camping.  It's going to be hot as hell this weekend.  DefConn will probably be taking naps in one of the air-conditioned campers...and I'll be right there with him.  ;) 

Any Labor Day plans?

Re: You know what day it is?!

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's buffy's birthday on Mon, so we'll be having a party.
    She still insists on cherry cake.
  • Options

I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night, wandered up to bed at 3am, and then overslept and couldn't take a shower this morning.  I am disgusting.

We're tiling the bathroom at our friends' on Saturday & Sunday, going to a party on Sunday night, then I decided that we are doing nothing but being lazy on Monday.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm going to be doing a lot of paperwork for my group, hopefully.  Just some legwork that needs to be put into place.  I'm hoping beyond hope that something I'm working on works out for this upcoming Tuesday.

I'm taking Friday off hopefully.  I'm a little burned out, haven't had any length of time off since an extra day in May.  Depends on what Diva says/does, he's the one who kept me from taking the 4th of July.  But he's traveling, so *crosses fingers*

• Options
    It's my birthday on Monday too. Tell Buffy I'm going to share it with her.:)
  • Options
    Our a/c is out at work, in hellmageddon weather this is no good. Sadly I'm okay with it.  I just sit up here by myself working away.  :)

Also, it's 1 week to surgery day.  H is just all kinds of miserable, I can't wait until his surgery and I hope upon hope it's all good news.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    NOLA, if you were local to us, you could come over for a piece of Daniel Tiger Cherry cake :)
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

Have fun on vacay!  We're doing farmer's market and meeting an old friend of mine Saturday.  Probably some fishing and finishing the picnic table and that's all I know.

I need to do some paperwork/computer work for my group too.  They have an evite, gmail, facebook, excel and written database of people and info.  None of them are the same.  They also have no way of tracking deactivation, attendance and whatnot.  I'm hoping to straighten that out.

• Options
    Ugh, lucky! We have a week and a half. Last night I started making lists for packing and such. I'm so ready for a break.
  • Options

@mrs.conn23  Did you know that the Plainfield tornado was 23 years ago today?  Craziness!  I don't know if you lived in the area at the time or not. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's really been that long?!  Damn I feel old.

I lived in Aurora at the time, but I remember that day because the first ever tornado warning I had in school.

We moved to P-ville a few years after. 
  • Options
    H is hopefully coming home tomorrow after being gone for over two weeks. I'm taking off Friday to catch up with him. <---completely dirty

Then getting my hairs did, a play, and laundry for the rest of the weekend.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    our upstairs AC unit crapped out sometime yesterday. DK got it working for a bit, but it crapped out again overnight. Woke up at like 4am in a sauna, and hauled my stuff to the couch. 

I'm tired today. 

Have a meeting with boss this afternoon. Hoping she'll tell me the promotion is a go, effective 9/1. 

Spent all morning trying to resolve an issue for our engineering team in India. They don't know what they want to buy, so they have ordered and cancelled the same item several times. Supplier finally got sick of the BS (and had invested time/money into making this item for us) and told them they wanted a cancellation fee. Now they're bitching about the fee and expect me to do something about it. *FACEPALM* I'm betting they'll accept the fee, cancel the item, decide to buy it a month from now and then pay an expedite fee and throw a fit because it's more expensive and might not meet their deadline. 
  • Options
    I didn't know a promotion had possibly come through, Barbie!  Good luck!!   I hope you get good news.
  • Options
    Yay vacation! 

I am off the next 3 days, then I work Saturday night, Monday night and Wednesday night going into next week. No fun plans for me this weekend except hitting the outlet mall early saturday to pick up some last few things in prep for our vacation.

Tonight we are buying a new washer/dryer. Kind of a yay/boo. We are getting a HE set up that we can stack, so more space in the laundry/storage room, yay. Boo because we had planned this for next year. Which means some of my extra money from the teaching gig isn't going to finish paying off my credit card, boo. But unfortunately, the dryer is crapping out and is literally eating clothes and destroying them, so the time is now.

But did I mention I leave for Hawaii a week from Monday? So damn excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards