Wedding Party

MOH- Best Friend or Sister?

I'm struggling with who to choose as my MOH, my only sister or my best friend, Sarah. My sister is seven years younger than me so I always assumed I would pick Sarah (who I've known since highschool), but in the last few years,  I've become much closer with my sister than I ever expected I would. Sarah, and I haven't drifted apart or anything but we have become completely different people although in highschool we were pretty much two versions of the same girl.  I've become much more offbeat than Sarah which she doesn't 'get' and my sister just knows what to expect with me.  So I'm stuck- who do I choose? Is it more acceptable to choose two or none?
Thoughts? 

Re: MOH- Best Friend or Sister?

• edited August 2013
    If you're closer to your sister, it's fine to pick her as your MOH. Your MOH should be the person you're closest to.

ETA: Gah! I have reading comprehension issues. Subsequent posters are right, it's perfectly fine to have co-MOH or to have no MOH.
  • You can always have two.
  • You can always have two.
    This.  If you are really struggling to choose then that means both are close enough to you know to be your MOH.

• I would choose whoever you feel closest to. It's a huge honor to be in a wedding, so it's not like you're shunning someone who's not MOH. Or make them co-MOH's or don't have an MOH at all. You'll still have to decide who stands next to you at the ceremony.
    *********************************************************************************

• It's perfectly acceptable to have both! This is almost exactly the same situation I was in - I chose both and it's working out very well. 

@southernbelle0915 is correct, you will still have to decide who stands next to you, but that doesn't make the other any less of a maid of honor to me. 
  • I'm struggling with who to choose as my MOH, my only sister or my best friend, Sarah. My sister is seven years younger than me so I always assumed I would pick Sarah (who I've known since highschool), but in the last few years,  I've become much closer with my sister than I ever expected I would. Sarah, and I haven't drifted apart or anything but we have become completely different people although in highschool we were pretty much two versions of the same girl.  I've become much more offbeat than Sarah which she doesn't 'get' and my sister just knows what to expect with me.  So I'm stuck- who do I choose? Is it more acceptable to choose two or none?
    Thoughts? 

I couldn't choose between the two and had my sister and BFF as co-MOH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards