Registry and Gift Forum

Small wedding - small registry?

I'm having a small wedding of approximately 50 people and I don't know how and if that should affect how much and what I register for. HELP! 

Re: Small wedding - small registry?

• sarahtrg said:
    I'm having a small wedding of approximately 50 people and I don't know how and if that should affect how much and what I register for. HELP! 

It shouldn't. Register for the things you need. Just make sure to have multiple items in various price ranges ($10, $25, $50)

You can always complete your registry (with a discount on those items, usually) after the wedding with the cash and/or gift cards you receive.

• I would register for more stuff than not enough. I'm a procrastinator and will buy something the week of - sometimes the day of. There's often crappy stuff or nothing left on the registry. As @itzMS said, you can always complete it with discounts after the wedding.
    *********************************************************************************

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Often when you go to a store that has a registry option they will give you a booklet of information, which often includes how many items to register for (on average) and at what price point. 

I would go with what you want, even if it is more than the people coming, as many registries offer completion events where after the wedding (~3 months) you get offered a discount to purchase anything remaining on your registry. 
  • We are also having a smaller wedding. We've put just about everything we can agree on needing and liking from both places. We then went and added a couple more expensive kitchen appliances and pans after being specifically asked to by his parents (I cringed at the thought of someone spending money for travel and lodging to be there  and on a gift of more than $100, but was told some people want to be very generous or go in on a bigger item in a group). If a week or two before the wedding it looks bare, we may look and see if anything new or seasonal can be added. If few people buy things off it, we can use the discount program to get what we really need.
  • I would consider how much stuff you really need.  If you both have a complete house and don't need that much, by all means register for things that would be a treat.  If you are just starting out and need quite a bit, I would focus on the practical things you would use the most.  The worst scenario would be if you ended up receiving a few things here and there that don't really work together (Ex: you receive the serving pieces to both your china and an everyday set, but no actual plates.  You get the Panini press, but no pots and pans.)
  • I wouldn't go crazy on the registry but it doesn't have to be super small either.  We are inviting 82 people (including kids) and I think we have about 150 items on the registry but some are multiples (like 12 plates).

I would focus more on having a variety of price points with the bulk being in the $50-100 range that seems to be the most popular in my experience (your circle may be different).

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards