New Jersey

Rose Petals and Lace Florist - Shut down

Hi

Just got a letter from our florist - Rose Petals and Lace saying they were closing down. We are 44 days away from the wedding!

Anyone else out there get affected by this? I am so crushed/mad!

Re: Rose Petals and Lace Florist - Shut down

• Sorry to hear that your florist is going out of business. I actually met with Linda and am not surprised. While she was very nice, she just didn't seem interested when I was speaking with her. Perhaps she knew her business was going under. I don't know what the issue was at the time but it was off-putting none the less. Plus we didn't go with her because she had a minimum of I think it was $2500. I found a florist that is wonderful, does beautiful work and offers more for less that RPL. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you her info. Hopefully she's available and can help you out for your wedding. :) 

• I'm sorry that is happening! Are you going to get your money back so you can go to another florist???  I wish I could point you in the direction of a florist, but my florist is here in Ewing, so I don't know if you'd be interested.  If you are, PM me and I'll give you her info.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Did you have a contract with her? Call her and see if they are still completely weddings. We met with her but she gave us a crazy amount for what we wanted and ended up going with someone else.
  • Hi - thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. We were lucky enough to get our deposit back and ended up finding a great florist - A touch of elegance. I just couldn't believe it and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat as us! We were "lucky" enough to have a little over a month to go. Can't imagine if someone was closer!
  • A friend of mine has them booked for the weekend before yours and when she called Linda told her they were honoring existing contracts.
  • Hm well that's concerning...We have Rose Petals & Lace booked for my wedding as well. It's not till April 2015, so have time, but I have not heard anything from them in terms of closing down...

When did you receive these notices?

• Hm well that's concerning...We have Rose Petals & Lace booked for my wedding as well. It's not till April 2015, so have time, but I have not heard anything from them in terms of closing down...

• Hi.. I just got my letter from Rose Petals and Lace in today's mail.  I am so mad/sad.  I don't want to go through the whole florist thing again :(.  Luckily our wedding isn't until May but I was so happy to be on top of the game.  Any suggestions for reputable florists in NJ would be greatly greatly appreciated!
  • Yumila- Weddings & Events Floral Design in Rochelle Park. Amazing work!
  • There is flowers by connie reimer in west orange 973-445-0036 
    A&W Flowers in Kearny (201) 997-8889
    Santos Flowers in Newark (973) 344-5311 or (973) 344-2702
  • I agree @leemartin ! Our wedding isn't until April, but I was so glad to have "florist" checked off my list!
  • Hi @amandanwp - sorry I'm not very good at following up with these boards. We got a certified letter in the mail. Any attempt at calling her emailing her was ignored. I received the letter around 8/27.

@meccaqt99@aol.com - well that's nice she was able to complete their wedding, but she completely bailed on mine. I guess she had to pick a cut off.

I really think everything happens for a reason and I'm hoping my flowers come out even better than they would have :-)

• @ nelbeltra any luck finding someone?
  • @dancer2873 I now have Lisa from A Touch of Elegance in Randolph for flowers. I think she's going to work out great. I'll be seeing the finished product in 2 days! Can't wait. Will let you know :-)
  • good luck! glad you found a new florist!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards