Ohio-Cleveland

Outdoor ceremony site in Wickliffe

Hi all!  I am very interested in having my reception at Pine Ridge CC in Wickliffe.  I was hoping they had an outdoor area for ceremony, but that's not the case.  I am not familiar with the area (I am from West Side of Cleveland) so I am looking for any suggestions for spot to have ceremony very close to Pine Ridge, since most all of my guests are coming from west side too.  I want some type of pretty outdoor garden/park/beach area within 5-15 minutes to Pine Ridge.  Thanks for your help!!

Re: Outdoor ceremony site in Wickliffe

• Check out Colby Park in Wickliffe. It's a city park. They have a pond there and bridge that goes over the pond. Popular place for wedding photos and at Prom time all the kids go there for pictures. Its on Route 84 about 1/2 mile from Route 90 & Bishop Road exit. It's probably 5 miles down the same road from your reception location. Only thing is that I don't know if there is a location like a shelter you could move the ceremony to in case of rain.

I would suggest trying out Maniki but Sammy's just pulled out of there for food so I don't know what their food situation is, but that near by there and would give you the same atmosphere as Pine Ridge.

Ok I just thought of another idea, but didn't want to delete previous ideas. Willoughby Hills Library/Community Center. They have a gazabo there, but if it rains you could move it inside there. Which would work well depending on how many guests you will have. It's located on Route 6 just 1/2 mile approx. east of Route 91 and probably only 10 minutes (depending on lights) south of your reception location.

• Awesome, I will look into all of these places!  Thank you so much!
  • I just thought of one more location. Try Lakefront Lodge, it's currently managed by Lake Metroparks. It's in Willowick, probably 10-15 minutes away from your reception location depending on lights. There is a gazbo there and it overlooks Lake Erie. The best part is that if by some chance it rains (or too hot if it's a summer weddibn, you can move your ceremony into the building which has floor to ceiling windows in the back of the building so you would still get a view of the lake.

• You could also check Downtown Willoughby which has a Gazebo there as well, depending on if that's what you are looking to do.  Another option depending on your likes or dislikes (I know you said park/beach/garden type) but Squires Castle which is run by the Metroparks as well is another great option and people do outdoor weddings there all the time, probably a 15 minute drive.  Even maybe over by the duck pond in the Metroparks.  Sorry I haven't been there in years so it may not be as up to par as it was back in the day!

Congratulations!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards