November 2013 Weddings

Do Guests actually RSVP to things these days?

Is it just me or is anyone else's guests not really good at actually RSVPing? Haha I'm trying not to let it get to me too much since there is still time before the wedding...However, I am getting concerned simply because it's a destination wedding and if people haven't rsvp'd, they probably haven't booked a flight either. I've had a couple friends that have said they can't wait to come and are so excited for the wedding...do I just take them saying this as an RSVP? I've had a couple friends too who have shown me their flight itinerary (when I say a couple, I mean like 3 friends) but they haven't technically RSVP'd either. What am I supposed to think? Is it appropriate to badger guests about RSVPing and if so, when do I do it? And how? I just dont feel comfortable counting someone as coming and then find out later they couldn't find a flight on time...

Re: Do Guests actually RSVP to things these days?

• So far I have 1/2 my RSVPs back. Our deadline is October 12th (2 weeks before our guest count is due). I plan to have my parents and FMIL call any stragglers around October 1st. Even though most probably know if they are going, a lot of people seem to send them last minute. My parents are the same way, they look and see the deadline is months away and figure they have plenty of time to respond. 

I did have my mom call her family to remind them about our hotel block closing in 2 weeks and we got a little rush of RSVPs after that. 
  • I really don't think you should worry until you are closer to your RSVP date.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• dramamonkeydramamonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited August 2013
    It's tricky with a destination wedding, I imagine... 

My friend was married almost three years ago, and had a destination wedding in Mexico - I don't remember RSVP-ing to be honest, but I was in the wedding party. 

They booked the wedding through Apple Vacations, so they checked in with their travel agent periodically to make sure people were booking. 

They also sent a few reminders out periodically, but that was also because the price went up the closer you got to the wedding. 

If your wedding is also out of the country, you can send them reminders about making sure passports were current and stuff like that (and tacking on a "hey, don't forget to call today to book your flights/hotels). 
  • You could just send them a friendly reminder like Dramamonkey suggested
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• I'm thinking the same thing.. Need by date I have is sept 21. I'm still waiting on half! The room block expires in 3 days. I'm concerned people will miss out and not have a room because they procrastinated on sending thier RSVP back.
  • Our room block expires Monday. I had my parents and FI's parents outreach to those who haven't RSVP'd to let them know hotel prices will jump. It's a huge jump for us too...our rates are $109-
    $149 depending on room type and if you book out of the block it's $389!
  • bjnoel said:

I'm thinking the same thing.. Need by date I have is sept 21. I'm still waiting on half! The room block expires in 3 days. I'm concerned people will miss out and not have a room because they procrastinated on sending thier RSVP back.

When is your wedding that you would need a September 21 RSVP date? That seems very early.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• November 9.. Our wedding is NH.. There are a lot of details we need coordinate based on how many people we the having. Funding/ organizing this on my own. I need the time.. Our room blocke expired sept 9 too. That was required by the venue.
  • Your room block expired 2 months before the event?  That seems really early.  Ours are held until two weeks out, I believe.
  • Ours expire on sept 23 for our Nov 9th wedding. I thought that was early but I guess its standard some places.
  • Yup.. They only hold rooms for 30 days and that's it.. It's prime time and they are fully booked at this venue in NH pretty much all year round..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards