New York-New York City
Options

Best Seamstress in NYC?

acj928acj928 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2013 in New York-New York City
I got my wedding gown at David's Bridal.  I know I can get it altered there, and I was planning to do it there, until I thought maybe I'd research seamstresses.  I can't find a way to search them as a vendor here so I thought I would ask if anyone knows a good seamstress for wedding gowns in NYC.  Manhattan or near Williamsburg, Brooklyn.  I'll also look at Yelp, of course, but I wanted to check here too.  Thanks.

Also - when should I get my dress altered?  My date is March 29, 2014.  I was planning on going in mid or end of December but maybe early January is better?  It only needs to be hemmed, create a bustle, and maybe taken in slightly.

ETA: I found Alterations Masters and The Wedding Dresser to have pretty decent reviews and some brides here have used them.  Any recent experiences with those?  Or any good/bad experiences with David's Bridal?  I feel like David's Bridal is a crazy place with a million people and it would be better to have a quiet environment with a personally recommended seamstress.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Best Seamstress in NYC?

• Options
    I personally don't know of any but I would suggest asking the people at your venue if they could recommend someone or perhaps ask friends who have gotten married. I like using Yelp.com for research like this and my last ditch effort is to find a couple of nice vintage clothing stores and asking the owners if they have any good recommendations. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards