May 2014 Weddings
Options

May 24th 2014

Feels like I have been waiting my lifetime for this, I am so ready!

Been with my fiance for 9 years, engaged one year. We will get married just under one decade together. Damn it is finally happening! :D

Re: May 24th 2014

• Options
    Awe, well congratulations! :) We are getting married May 31st! How's the planning going for you?
  • Options
    Thanks! It's going great actually :) May 31st almost was my date! Hehe. It's a great date
  • Options
    We chose May 24th as well! It's our six year anniversary. (: Congrats! 
  • Options
    We're May 24th, too! We have a long weekend in Canada that falls near May 24 every year, so they call it the May 2-4 Weekend... As soon as we found out that the 24th was a Saturday next year, my fiancé insisted we pick that so that he'll always remember our anniversary! Haha

• Options
    I'm a May 24th bride too! 
  • Options
    Me too!!
  • Options
    We are considering that date. It's our top pick right now. We may switch to the 17th, though, since the 24th is Memorial Day Weekend. Anyone else concerned about attendance on the holiday weekend?
  • Options
    Our holiday weekend in Canada falls on the weekend of the 17th this year, which is why we chose the 24th. I know a lot of people who have done holiday weekend weddings, and it tends to work best if you have the wedding right at the beginning of the holiday weekend, rather than in the middle or the end. That way, people can still go away for a couple of days if they want to, and they won't be scrambling to get back in time for your wedding (or tired from whatever they did in the days before). But even with this consideration, I would expect a higher percentage of declines than the average, non-holiday wedding -- that's why we went for a normal weekend, instead.

• Options
    Congrats!!  I'm the day after! May 25! Normally I wouldn't pick a sunday, but because it is a holiday weekend, I figured it was basically an extra Saturday! And so far after talking with all the important guests to our wedding, everyone was more then fine with it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards