Michigan-Lansing

Good wedding dress shops in Lansing area?

Hey, Knotties! I have been looking for a month and a half for a wedding dress and haven't found anything yet. I'm in the East Lansing/Lansing/Okemos area and need a wedding dress shop with a WIDE selection and at least some dresses that are below $1,000. I tried Fantastic Finds, and Kim was really great, but I still didn't find THE dress. I have also tried The Wedding Bell and am checking out David's Bridal this morning. Is there a fantastic shop out there that I'm missing? Suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Good wedding dress shops in Lansing area?

• It's a little drive, but Becker's Bridal in Fowler is wonderful.  Great selection and reasonable prices.  It is well worth the drive (about 40 minutes).

There is also Bellisima Bridal in Albion.  They have a good selection, though a little farther away.
  • I went to Becker's Bridal and found my dress.  It was under $1000.
  • It's also a bit of a drive but I really like Unique Bridal in Auburn. I haven't used them for wedding stuff (yet) but I got a lot of my formal dresses from them in High School. 
  • Grand Rapids will probably also have some options for you.

Have you tried Pierre's on West Saginaw? They are doing a show at the Lansing Bridal show this weekend. I've never been in there, but it's a large store.
  • Thanks, ladies! I will definitely be going to the show tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye out for Pierre's dresses.
  • I got my dress at Becker's for under $1000.  It was a great experience!!  I was surprised by how many pretty and  high-quality dresses they had for under $1000. 
  • We spent the last 2 days dress shopping for my daughter, and she chose a Vera Wang at David's.  We did go to Becker's and they are a truly wonderful company, but you couldn't pay me enough money to go in there on a Saturday again.

They were very upfront that they would be very busy and we would have to share a consultant.  We had no problems with that, but they don't have a lot of extra space in there and it was crazy.  They asked us to limit our party to 3, absolutely no more than 4 on a Saturday.  Apparently a LOT of people ignored that because every party that came in was 5-10 people.  We had a heck of a time even being able to use a mirror for awhile!

I bought my dress there 17 years ago and they are a great company - just try to avoid Saturdays - it is a zoo.
  • My dress is an Oleg Cassini, which I found at David's Bridal and then purchased for half the price (new with tags!!!) on ebay one size up, so I am having it tailored by my friend who is a pro seamstress (wedding gift, ftw). 

I really had a great time at Fantastic Finds. http://fantasticfinds.com/

They have a great selection of designer gowns AND a HUUUUGE clearance warehouse, where you can find some pretty amazing dresses for the ballpark of $600. 
  • Went to Becker's recently and loved them.
  • I really liked Becker's also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards