Kentucky

Lexington Vendor Reviews

Photography: Shaun Ring Photography
Shaun Ring is beyond extraordinary!  I feel like I can't even put into words how thankful we are for him photographing our engagement and wedding pictures!  We met Shaun a month after we got engaged, even though we were going to have a two year engagement we wanted to get started on planning as quickly as possible.  Shaun was instantly special to us! He not only made us feel comfortable and great about using him as our photographer, he became a great friend as well! I was always able to go to him for any wedding advice or opinions, he gave great advice!  His photographs are indescribable! All of our wedding pictures are AMAZING!  Shaun is so passionate about his work and it definitely shows!  The final product he provided us is only describable as PRICELESS! I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Shaun Ring!

Videography: Reel Special Productions
Ryan and Brittany are IMPECCABLE!  We were one of those couples that weren’t sure if we wanted videography for our wedding.  When I saw some of the highlight videos that Reel Special created, we were VERY interested.  When we met with Ryan and Brittany we were HOOKED! Not only are their wedding videos AMAZING, their personalities are so great and professional, they make you instantly feel comfortable about them being there for your wedding!  Our highlight video, DVDs, and BluRay discs were all delivered very quickly and we were THRILLED with them!! Our wedding videos were absolutely perfect!  We were also able to purchase the raw footage of everything they captured that day.  Having the raw footage meant a lot to us to be able to see the behind the scenes, candid moments that most people never catch!  We are so glad that we get to relive our wedding day through video anytime we want! I am so incredibly happy with Reel Special productions and would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone!!

Makeup: Makeup By Elizabeth (Cincinnati, OH)

Liz is INCREDIBLE!! To be honest, I was worried about getting my makeup done for the wedding, so was my Mom.  I found Liz online and through emails and phone conversations not only was I excited for my trial but she was SO sweet and professional!  My mom and I did a makeup trial with her and we were SO impressed!! We had a BLAST and neither of us had ever felt more beautiful!  Not only that, but on the day of the wedding was no different, we felt like princesses and every single one of my bridesmaids (3) and my Mother in law all decided to get theirs done after seeing our makeup!  Everyone was so BEAUTIFUL!! Liz is such an amazing makeup artist, but not only that she made the getting ready experience fun and enjoyable!! I would HIGHLY recommend Makeup By Liz!! By the way, my mom and I are scheduling a makeup lesson with her also! We can't wait!! Liz is amazing!! :D

Dresses: The Couture Closet (La Grange, KY)
Lauren and Tara at The Couture Closet are AMAZING!! I am SO happy we went there for my wedding dress!! Not only did we find the perfect dress, we had SUCH a great experience with them! We were also able to find the perfect dresses for all of my bridesmaids! This is the only place to go to get your wedding dress, they are so incredibly helpful and make it such a fun time! Going to the Couture Closet for my dress, dress fittings and bridesmaid dresses are some of the best memories I have from our wedding planning experience I seriously cherish them!

Florist: Deanna Dillender with Great Expectations
Deanna did such an AMAZING job on our wedding flowers! We are so thankful we were able to find her for our wedding!! I never could have dreamed that our wedding flowers would be so gorgeous. She did an impeccable job of delivering the flowers and transferring them from the ceremony to reception! Deanna was extremely patient with me (you know how brides can be!) and so helpful in any decision I needed help with! Some of the florists we had met with before her did not even compare to her professionalism and friendliness. She made everything so easy and stress-free for me! I would HIGHLY recommend Deanna with Great Expectations, I just cannot thank her enough for everything she did for us! She went above and beyond, everything she did was absolutely perfect!! :D

Reception: Hilary J. Boone Center
The Hilary J. Boone Center is a beautiful place to host your wedding reception, we LOVED it!  We love that we can go have lunch there now and reminisce how great everything went! The only thing I would say we had an issue with at the Boone Center is that we went through 3 different coordinators.  It was just really hard to keep going through everything with a new person.  In the end, we were very happy with everything and how it all turned out.  I think Linda Russel is there to stay for awhile and she is doing a great job.  Any problems or issues I had was always worked out and the manager made sure I was completely satisfied.  The food was impeccable and the service they provided during the reception was unbeatable!  We loved the Hilary J. Boone Center!

Cakes: Tinkers Cake Shop
Tinkers Cake Shop is the BEST!! We had been engaged for a long time so we had plenty of time to try out many different wedding cake shops... Tinkers is BY FAR the best!! Not only are their cakes DELICIOUS but they are so friendly and professional, you honestly cannot find any better service than with Tinkers!  The design of our wedding cake was impeccable and when we saw them in person at our wedding we were speechless, the wedding cake and the grooms cake were AMAZING!! He took an idea we had that was way out there and brought it to life better than we could have imagined! I would HIGHLY recommend Tinkers Cake Shop, you can't beat Tinkers!! :D

Photobooth: Art House Photobooth

Where do I even start with ArtHouse... They are PHENOMENAL!!! They were the very first thing we booked for our wedding and we are SO happy we did! The photobooth was such a great hit with all of our guests! Our guests are still talking about how great the photobooth was!! Not only that, but Anna and Ron are so great to be around! They have such great personalities and are so professional! We booked the super duper fun package so we were able to have guests create a scrapbook for us during the reception! It was SO fun to go through and we are SO glad we have that as a keepsake! I wouldn't go with anyone else for a photobooth and I would HIGHLY recommend ArtHouse!!

Dance Floor Rental: Special Events KY
Kim with Special Events KY was SO helpful! I had looked at several places for wedding rentals and was so glad I went with Special Events KY! She made me feel very confident in using them! We rented our dance floor from them and it was such a beautiful dance floor! Working with Kim up to the wedding was so easy and stress-free! She was so helpful in emailing me and getting me any information I needed. They did an impeccable job of working with our vendors, delivering the dance floor and picking it up. I would HIGHLY recommend Special Events KY!!

Transportation: Gold Shield Limo

We had a great experience with Gold Shield Limo! We had reserved the Bentley to pick us up from our ceremony to take us to the reception.  We had heard several bad reviews on Gold Shield but we never had any issues with them! Not only that, but Carl was such a sweet guy! He drove us in the Bentley, he was so professional and made it so much fun!  Great experience!

Re: Lexington Vendor Reviews

• Great review! Do you mind me asking what kind of entertainment you had at the reception?
  • The Boone Center has a beautiful piano there that I wanted to use as our music.  Bo and Danielle Warren of Lexington did all of our ceremony and reception music.  They were INCREDIBLE.  I'm not sure that they do weddings very regularly so that's why I left them off of this review but we couldn't be happier with how they did!  We didn't want a DJ for the reception, we wanted to keep everything simple and classy by having live music played through the reception and they did FABULOUS!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards