Wedding Party

fiance has told his groomsmen they can stay with us on our wedding night--WTF??!

My fiance has told his groomsmen that they/their dates are welcome to stay with us on our wedding night at the ranch house my parents rented. The house was rented for my fiance and I to have as our first night together. He's also told them there will be an "after party" there. I'm NOT okay with this. His groomsmen are from about 15 miles from the venue, and most of my bridesmaids are from out of town. I've already told my bridesmaids they are on their own for lodging the night of the wedding--which they already assumed. I do not want to spend our wedding night with his jerk friends or have an after party. How do I tell him NO negotiating on this or what do I do?

Re: fiance has told his groomsmen they can stay with us on our wedding night--WTF??!

• Can you offer a compromise?

Offer to grab a drink with the after the reception but say that the house is just for the two of you.
  • You need to learn to communicate with this person if you are going to marry him.  You want X, he wants Y.  It's going to happen plenty during your marriage.  Sit down and have a conversation about this, and try to reach a compromise that you can both live with.  
  • Invite your parents to the after-party and to spend the night as well. How old is your FI?
  • Honestly, if you can't tell your FI that you want to spend your wedding night alone with him, without an after-party, you are too immature to be married.  Surely larger issues that this will present themselves during your marriage, so you're going to need to come up with a way to deal with them.

As my FI says "our lives are not going to get any easier than they are right now."  You are likely young, and without a lot of responsibilities - no spouse to support, no children to raise - if you can't deal with something as simple as differing opinions about a party, you are going to have some serious issues in the future.

• Just had a thought.  There's no chance he is, um, hoping for something to go down between all ofyou, is there?  Some guys are into that.  Just saying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards