Wedding Party

Adult ring bearers?

My FI and I have been talking about who is going to be in our wedding parties. We are going to be having a relatively informal wedding and so large wedding parties are out of the question. Plus, I would never be able to come up with as many bridesmaids as he would have groomsmen. Here's the deal. He's already decided who he would like in his WP, his 2 brothers and his 2 best friends. I have 3 brothers as well and we are trying to find a way to incorporate them into the ceremony. He also has another friend he would like to include. We decided that 2 of my brothers could do readings of some kind. But that still leaves one brother and his friend.

So we came up with the idea that my brother and his friend would be 'Ring Security' and be our ring bearers. They are 22 and 25 years old. My question is whether or not that is appropriate. We would have a 6 year old flower girl and the only young boys that are of 'ring bearer' stereotypical age, we are not particularly close with. And we would really like my brother and his friend to play a role.

So, appropriate or not?

Best Answers

Answers

• But then the question is, does my last brother feel left out because he has no role and the other 2 do?
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013

My FI and I have been talking about who is going to be in our wedding parties. We are going to be having a relatively informal wedding and so large wedding parties are out of the question. Plus, I would never be able to come up with as many bridesmaids as he would have groomsmen. Here's the deal. He's already decided who he would like in his WP, his 2 brothers and his 2 best friends. I have 3 brothers as well and we are trying to find a way to incorporate them into the ceremony. He also has another friend he would like to include. We decided that 2 of my brothers could do readings of some kind. But that still leaves one brother and his friend.

So we came up with the idea that my brother and his friend would be 'Ring Security' and be our ring bearers. They are 22 and 25 years old. My question is whether or not that is appropriate. We would have a 6 year old flower girl and the only young boys that are of 'ring bearer' stereotypical age, we are not particularly close with. And we would really like my brother and his friend to play a role.

So, appropriate or not?

But then the question is, does my last brother feel left out because he has no role and the other 2 do?

Your last brother probably would be thanking his maker that he wasn't a ring guard. Seriously, f you want your brothers in the WP, have them stand up on your side.

• My FI and I have been talking about who is going to be in our wedding parties. We are going to be having a relatively informal wedding and so large wedding parties are out of the question. Plus, I would never be able to come up with as many bridesmaids as he would have groomsmen. Here's the deal. He's already decided who he would like in his WP, his 2 brothers and his 2 best friends. I have 3 brothers as well and we are trying to find a way to incorporate them into the ceremony. He also has another friend he would like to include. We decided that 2 of my brothers could do readings of some kind. But that still leaves one brother and his friend.

So, appropriate or not?

But then the question is, does my last brother feel left out because he has no role and the other 2 do?

Your last brother probably would be thanking his maker that he wasn't a ring guard. Seriously, f you want your brothers in the WP, have them stand up on your side.
    Agreed.
  • This reminds me of another post where the OP wanted to make her 2 little nephews "ring security" and was going to give them little briefcases (which they would be handcuffed to, natch).

Anniversary

• I think this is completely inappropriate and embarrassing for them. I would side eye it.
  • Omg so embarrassing! Please do not make them ring security!
    I agree with another PP who said to have your bros on your side. Then your FI can have his bros and his friends.
  • Please GOD don't do that. What about making the brother an Usher?

• SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    True story: My husband and his friend (who would later be his best man) were 24 year-old ring bearers in our female friend's wedding. I was a bridesmaid along with 4 other girls. I think my friend, the bride, wanted to include her 2 guy friends in her WP but got caught up in the even sides/same gender sides business. Her groom had selected his 5 male attendants and she had us 5, so she had these 2 guys as ring bearers. FGs were her little nieces. It was weird, but she did have the 2 RBs basically stand with us bridesmaids so it probably looked fairly normal as if she just had 2 additional male attendants. Both guys got a kick out of it and were happy to be included, so I suppose it depends on your relationships and their particular personalities. I would just have them as attendants, readers, or first-row seated guests with boutonnieres, personally.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards