November 2013 Weddings

Had my shower today

I was surprised but glad i was dressed nice lol... I had a great time it was everything i have ever hoped for and got a ton of gifts yayyyyy now its crunch time 2 months tomorrow (9/1) until my big day

has anyone else had a shower yet was it a surprise  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Had my shower today

• How fun!!

As far as I know I'm not having a shower but FI explicitly told me, a couple of days ago, that his mother has requested that I not schedule anything the day before the wedding because she and his sisters are planning something.  Don't know if it's a mini shower or just brunch/lunch, or a spa day. But something is in the works.
  • Im glad you had such a wonderful shower.
    I had mine at the end of June. I knew it was really early but my little sister who is a bridesmaid started college and I wanted her to be able to participate in some of the bridal activities. She ended up not being able to come out :( but overall my shower was a lot of fun I got some nice things and something's I didn't expect anyone to get :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How exciting!

My first shower is next Saturday so I'm really looking forward to it! It's a shower being thrown by my mom's best friend so it will mainly be with my mother's friends and family. The next weekend my MOH is throwing my FI and I a couple's shower and that will be with my friends aka a drinking fest so that I can't wait for.
  • MIne is next month, and it's not a surprise. Too hard to make it one, unfortunately.  But I'm grateful to be having one at all.  A couple things from our registry have been purchased!
  • dramamonkeydramamonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Had a family shower with FI's family in Alabama this weekend (many of whom won't be able to make it to the wedding). 

Boss is throwing me a work shower in a couple of weeks, and then my "real" shower is at the end of the month. 

I've been a Thank You note writing machine for all the things I've gotten so far. No lag time for this girl. 
  • I had one thrown by my bridal party on 8/11, and most of our registry was fulfilled!  Then I had one thrown for me at work on the 23rd which was small, but my fiance was invited so it was nice to introduce him around.
  • aww, im glad you had a great time. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• Mine is sept 29th:) can't wait!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards