Snarky Brides

On my last nerve

MDbride1012MDbride1012 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2013 in Snarky Brides

Excuse me while I rant for a moment. Is anybody else getting REALLY annoyed by the members who are posting on threads that are months, if not years old? It is really clogging up the boards, making replying to new posts difficult. No? Just me? I figured as much. Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Re: On my last nerve

• You aren't the only one. Especially those that already have dozens of replies, what more can you possibly add?
  • This board isn't all that active to begin with, it seems. But yes, it's annoying. 
  • @alisonmarie658 We're still waiting to see if that is possible. In the meantime, please continue to tag me in zombie threads that come up and I will manually close them.
  • I think the problem is new knotties using the seach boards function and not looking at the date when they respond.

• mimiphin said:

I think the problem is new knotties using the seach boards function and not looking at the date when they respond.

Ironically, I get annoyed when people DON'T use the search function and I see the same posts over and over again

• @alisonmarie658 We're still waiting to see if that is possible. In the meantime, please continue to tag me in zombie threads that come up and I will manually close them.

It shouldn't be taking this long. Tell the IT department that it also needs to fix the multiple quote box issues, too. There is zero reason it should be taking a month to know if it's even possible unless they're too busy getting their heads out of their asses.

I still maintain that it's super shady that when a thread is resurrected, it's so the newbie can tell us how rude and mean we all are.
  • I don't actually have a problem with old threads, as long as it's a relevant discussion. I know when I started wedding planning a lot of the things I searched for on google brought up threads on the Knot, and I'd rather have all of the "what do you think about this venue" posts in one thread rather than spaced everywhere.

If it's a specific question or "where can I get this" that's not relevant to anyone else, then yeah, I get annoyed. Or a defense of a PPD/Honeymoon Registry/something else that pops up multiples a week.
    Anniversary
  • There's nothing wrong with commenting on a post that's 3 pages back.

There's nothing wrong with using the search function and learning from old threads.

But a thread is a living discussion, and commenting on a thread from 2 years ago, and OP is married and PPs are long gone is just obnoxious. Especially the "I can't believe how mean you guys are being!" Bitch it's from 2011. Who the fuck are you talking to?!

Anniversary

• I bet part of the problem is mobile versus computer. The mobile version only says last post date, not original list date so if someone does resurrect an old thread it's hard to notice right away. And the dates are tiny anyway on my phone...! Maybe TK can adjust their mobile experience.

• Also part of the problem is The Knot bringing up threads on the main page under "Wedding 911"  I posted on one they advertized that I didn't realize until later was started last year and not updated in a year.  They need to stop that.
  • I bet part of the problem is mobile versus computer. The mobile version only says last post date, not original list date so if someone does resurrect an old thread it's hard to notice right away. And the dates are tiny anyway on my phone...! Maybe TK can adjust their mobile experience.
    That'll be one cold day in hell
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards