Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Pro-Con-Pro your weekend!

Tell me 2 pros and 1 con about your weekend (if you were in a sorority, that should make you smile)

Pro: I got to the gym on Saturday, and walked a bunch Sunday
Con:  I need to find a new e-pic outfit because the weather is SO cold in pittsburgh next weekend
Pro: Steelers win!

Re: Pro-Con-Pro your weekend!

• edited December 2011
    Pro - I took Friday off and got a TON of work done around the house... It's feels more and more like our home :)
    Con - Reese (our puppy) got groomed and they always make her face look scary... we are still trying to find a groomer that knows how to cut goldendoodles. :(
    Pro- My FMIL took me and FI shopping at the department store she works at - we got tons of stuff with tons of discount! I got two honeymoon dresses for $3 each!

MD - I get tons of coupons in my email for stores and have a Gap card- I'll PM you this week if I get anything you could use for sweaters or warmer clothes! I had some good ones for this weekend but nothing for today yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • williaam2williaam2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pro - My mom got me the cutest shutterfly album of our e-pics.  I'm doubley proud of her because she's technologically challenged and still managed to do it all herself!
    Con - I got SUPER sunburned at a horseshow on Sunday, and now I look like a tomato : /
    Pro - I got to see the first draft of our invitations, and they're super cute so far!  Just some minor tweaks to the fonts and I think they'll be perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pro- Tried on my wedding dress Friday- It fit like a glove... Yay!
    Con-Worked all day Saturday and Sunday.
    Pro-Found a new local wine store.. yum!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • edited December 2011
    Pro- My best friend got married this weekend! And we finished all the projects and it looked incrediable! She was stunning and everyone had a great time.

Con- My best friend and I stayed up until 2:30 on Thursday night, then 5:30 AM on Friday night finishing things. She sliced her finger at 3 AM trying to cut a little pumpkin to stick place cards in, and my fiance had to take her the hospital. Yes, you heard that right. The bride was at the hospital from 3 am to 5 am on the day of her wedding. Two stiches in her left hand thumb. Yep.

Pro- I am exhausting, but thrilled the wedding is done. Now on to my wedding!

Oh, and I have to say, my car is about to break down and I have to get a new one this week. Bla... one expense I did NOT need before my wedding. FI and I are freaking out.

MD- Where are your pics at?
    Lindsay- I'm very jealous of your shopping trip!
    Williaam- Post pics of the invite draft if you can :-)

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tara5384Tara5384 member
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Linds, where do you take your dog to be groomed?  We take our pup to Pampered Pet in Brentwood Town Center and they always do a nice job.  He's a yorkipoo (we think).  The only time he ever came back looking ridiculous was when he had rolled in burrs and pretty much needed shaved, but they called us to tell us the predicament ahead of time.
  • edited December 2011
    Pro-FI and I spent the whole weekend relaxing after having a few busy weeks in a row. The custom made blinds for our bedroom finally came in and we got them installed!

Con - We went to buy new closet doors for our bedroom, but because of the odd size, its almost impossible to get the kind we want. So it's either settle for doors I don't like, or spend a fortune on custom doors. Those arent in our budget right now, so it looks like i'll be closet door-less for a little while longer!

Pro - A good friend announced to everyone that she is pregnant this weekend!

Sounds like everyone had a busy, exciting weekend!

Lindsay and Tara, Where did you get your dogs?? Goldendoodles are pretty much our dream dog. We just don't want a dog that sheds. My mom has a yorkie and I love that dog to death, so a yorkiepoo might be a good option for us too. We are looking to maybe get one in the spring. If you guys have any info about the breeder/shelter, etc., could you PM me?
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    linds - thanks so much for the offer! I'm going hunting for sweaterdresses after work!

sari - my pics wil be in the burgh!! We're headed there Thurs night and then coming back Sunday.  CMU and then downtown.  They're on saturday, I am praying for no rain :(
  • edited December 2011
    JM - YGPM in a minute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that I love the title of this post.

And I only have a con. I worked all weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I'm pretty much in the con camp with panther. We had our engagement pictures on Saturday but our photographer lost the memory card with all our pictures on it.

We did get to see our families though so that's a pro.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Tara5384Tara5384 member
    edited December 2011
    JM:  I'm not sure how to send private messages to be honest, but we got our pup from A Place Fur Paws in Warren, Ohio.  They rescue puppies from auctions and puppy mills in the area and provide home care for them until they are adopted.  They have lots of non-shedding breeds as they are super popular in the puppy mills right now.  Here is their listing on Petfinder.  Feel free to send me a message if you want any additional information! Also, we were approved super fast to get our dog.  We had listed a few we were interested in and they had them all there for us to check out when we went. 

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_pro-con-pro-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:c99fe4a1-478b-44f0-841e-1438de8b2fdaPost:9b09d247-4d3c-4aae-b73c-bcb74e8fa31e">Re: Pro-Con-Pro your weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Goldendoodles are pretty much our dream dog. We just don't want a dog that sheds. My mom has a yorkie and I love that dog to death, so a yorkiepoo might be a good option for us too. We are looking to maybe get one in the spring. If you guys have any info about the breeder/shelter, etc., could you PM me?
    Posted by jmrupprecht[/QUOTE]

I'm a total b!itch about this stuff, so just hear me out and don't take it personally.

A "goldendoodle" and a "yorkiepoo" are not real dog breeds. They are not AKC registered as a breed and as such, there are no breed standards. They are simply a way for crappy backyard breeders to make a buck off of the same Golden Retriever or Poodle mix that you could adopt out of a shelter or foster care. Yes, these dogs need homes too. But if more people were to adopt a pup instead of buy one, there would be less demand and less crappy breeders.

::steps off soap box::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Pro-awesome weather here in FL
    Con-resigned from my teaching job--not a good fit for me.
    Pro-learned some history of St. Pete while on a ghost tour
    Con-back to looking for jobs Yell
    Pro-I applied at Legoland and Disney World
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards