Florida-South Florida

Eddie from Parameter Entertainment

Hey Ladies!!! 

So Eddie called me to see if i wanted to set up an appointment to go over his services and he seems personable over the phone but refused to send me information via email or to text because he'd rather talk on the phone about it. My mom doesn't think it feels right and i cant really find outside reviews on him :/ Has anyone ever used his services or heard of them? 

I appreciate your help/input :) 

thank you so much!

Re: Eddie from Parameter Entertainment

• First off, why wouldn't someone want to give you the info via e-mail?  I don't think I dealt with a single vendor, except my florist, who didn't offer to send me their set packages in advance of our meeting with the caveat that we could customize them as needed.  

With social media and the internet being as prevalent as it is, the lack of reviews should be an alarm bell.  I learned this the hard way.  I met a photographer at a bridal show.  He talked a good game.  I couldn't find reviews on him, so my FI and I decided to do only our engagement shoot with him before we booked the whole package.  I am so glad we only paid for the engagement pics instead of the whole package, which would have been thousands.  His work was horrible!  He has no eye.  Heck, even half our pictures were out of focus!  With digital SLRs having an autofocus feature, that baffled me.  We were way back in pictures, instead of brought into the forefront.  And there was one especially awesome pic that would have been perfect except that a pole was going directly through my FI (like right up the middle) and it was like, why didn't he see that when he looked at the picture or take two steps to the left.  After that, I did a lot of digging on this guy.  Found out he has changed his company name three or four times in that many years.  He uses different versions of his name to register it with the state.  I even got contacted by someone on FB who saw our "blogged" pictures, who told me many horror stories from her day because of him (he "lost" her wedding pictures).  She sued him, and the court record confirmed her story.  Regardless, I'd be cautious of using a vendor that has no or few reviews.  The industry is so plentiful, I'd go with someone else, personally.

I decided to use Eddie B. & Company for my DJ, lighting, photobooth.  All his info was right on his website.  We met with him in his office and he demonstrated everything.  He has been great to work with.  Fast responses to e-mails.  I know a few people who have used Vision DJs, too, and were really happy with them.  

Hope this helps.
  • @Meggis

Thats crazy!!! I'm glad you guys didnt book the whole package. I'm scared of stuff like that happening :/

When i spoke to Eddy, I told him it was much easier for me sometimes to communicate via email or text and he replied with " oh no! i dont text or email. i find that impersonal and would rather keep the communication over the phone."  I kept trying to see if he would budge in that sense but i came up with nothing. I just didnt feel like we would mesh well. we were arguing about communication already lol. He kept telling me that other DJ's are clowns and that he would not be that way. I just wasnt sure of his approach. when i went on his website there was nothing on his price range or services and some OLD remixes he made ages ago. I told him i'm on a bit of a tight budget and he told me that being cheap is not the way to go.

So, we never called him back and he has been blowing up my phone since.

I've heard great things about Vision Dj's ( I have an appointment to meet with them next week actually! ) and i'll look into Eddie B :) I appreciate your input!

• :)  Happy to share.  Hope it works out for you.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards