Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Small cake and sheet cake?

To save on cost, we are planning on having a small "traditional" wedding cake, more for looks, and having sheet cakes in the back to be cut and passed out. Thoughts??

Re: Small cake and sheet cake?

• Options
    If our cake was not included in our reception hall "package" I would have done this for sure! You can even have faux tiers made of styrofoam on the inside to have the look of a full sized cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did it too. It was an easy way to save cost.
  • Options
    Go for it - it's a relatively common thing in my experience.
  • Options
    If our cake was not included in our reception hall "package" I would have done this for sure! You can even have faux tiers made of styrofoam on the inside to have the look of a full sized cake
    This often costs near the same amount as having a real cake.  The cost is more in the labor and decorating, not the inside cake.
  • Options
    Do it, no faux pas here.

Anniversary
  • Options
    As long as the cake is good, I don't care whether it was in tier form or a sheet cake.
  • Options
    Sembree1 said:
    To save on cost, we are planning on having a small "traditional" wedding cake, more for looks, and having sheet cakes in the back to be cut and passed out. Thoughts??
    This is very common. Some bakeries do round 8" cakes instead of sheet cakes though, which is about the same cost. This is what my baker does. My SIL though had sheet cakes, no one could tell and I didn't even know til we talked about my cake.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards