Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photo booth!

Is anyone else planning a DIY photo booth? we are hoping to do one for our cocktail hour. I am having trouble finding a shutter release remote. I have looked them up for 3 different point and shoot cameras and I can't find one! Can you buy them as a general brand or something?

Re: Photo booth!

• Options

The only ones I know of are for Canon cameras.

Why not pay someone to man the camera for an hour? (A college/high school aged cousin, perhaps?)

• Options
    We are doing a diy photobooth.  My daughter's college friends will run it for us.  The problem I am having is finding the right kind of printer to make the 8 pics on a 4x6 card (4 pics printed twice on one card - one goes in our book & one for the guess to keep).  $200 per printer is out of the question.  I am currently researching what kind of printers do what I need.  I plan to get 2 to make sure things go smoothly.  Any suggestions?
  • Options
    if we are able to have a photo booth, we won't print them on site- I don't think there are many budget ways to do that. We plan to upload the pictures to a flickr that guests would have access to. (that is if I can find a way to do ours!)
  • Options
    Ldnaghey said:
    if we are able to have a photo booth, we won't print them on site- I don't think there are many budget ways to do that. We plan to upload the pictures to a flickr that guests would have access to. (that is if I can find a way to do ours!)
    I think most of the fun is having the photos print out right there.  Honestly, it sounds like you are trying to work something into your reception that is just not in the budget.  A photobooth is not a requirement for a fun wedding.  We didn't have one and our guests still had an amazing time.
  • Options
    our photobooth went really well! A cousin helped out with it, and we uploaded all of the pictures to a communal flickr page, which everyone loved. We sent out a few of our favorites to people with thank you cards, @Se, that might be an option for you in case the printers don't work out ! hope yours turns out well too!
  • Options
    Ldnaghey said:
    our photobooth went really well! A cousin helped out with it, and we uploaded all of the pictures to a communal flickr page, which everyone loved. We sent out a few of our favorites to people with thank you cards, @Se, that might be an option for you in case the printers don't work out ! hope yours turns out well too!
    gald it worked out for you :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards