Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake pops!

We are not having a cake (not even a little one for us to cut). Instead we are going to have individually wrapped cake pops and either have them available after dinner or at the end of the night to take home. Thoughts?

Re: Cake pops!

• I like cake pops, but not in place of cake.  For one thing, they're too small to be satisfying as dessert.

• I like cake pops, but I can easily eat 4 or more if there isn't another dessert offered. So if I just got one at a wedding I would be disappointed.
  • It seems a little churlish to offer only cake pops.  Are you having any other desserts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You should offer some dessert at your wedding (to be eaten there, not taken home).  If you have cake pops, have a lot of them to allow people to take several.  If you want the cake pops to be packaged to go, have some other kind of dessert--doesn't have to be cake--for the reception.
  • Cakes pops are seen more as a favor, at least to me, then an actual dessert.  I make them a lot at home and I could easily eat 4-6 at a sitting.  I think you should offer up another type of dessert or maybe even have a dessert bar so that your guests will have something sweet that they can eat at your event.  Brownies, cookies, pies, tarts, ice cream, etc are all good options.

• There will be assorted pies after dinner. Also there will be more than 1 cake pop per person.
  • Majelin86 said:
    There will be assorted pies after dinner. Also there will be more than 1 cake pop per person.
    Then I think you're good with cake pops. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards