Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

father daughter dance and first dance with me and fi

need some help with some songs i need some good father daughter songs to dance to looking for something country new country or older country. but am open to any kinds of generas 

and need some ideas for  first dance with me and fi i would really like some older country suggetions stuff from 90s country decade.

right now on my list for father daughter songs is 
rope the moon john michael montgomery
and dance baby dance chris cagle
but would like some more options to give my dad to pick out

for first dance 
we have you wont ever be lonely andy griggs
stars over texas, tracy byrd 
never ever and forever (ill forever love you) leeann womack and keny chesney or mark wills different videos give different singers  from the tom saywer sound track 

would like to have a few more suggestions for each dance so we can really look at them and choose something 

Re: father daughter dance and first dance with me and fi

• For your father daughter dance, how about:
    My Wish - Rascal Flats
    Butterfly Kisses - Raybon Brothers
    I Loved Her First - Heartland
    You're gonna miss this - Trace Atkins
    My little girl - Tim McGraw

There are many many more if you'd like more suggestions. I think country music has the best father daughter dance songs!
  • Here are some more father-daughter country songs: "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill, "Ready, Set, Don't Go" by Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus, "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney, "Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn, "Thanks Again" by Ricky Skaggs,  "Daddy's Little Girl" by Kippi Brannon.

• thanks for the suggestions i love country music i will take a look at these play them narrow it down to like 5 and show my dad and see what he thinks 

me and my fi will be dancing to a country song but i just have no figured it out yet i will be playing him a few songs throw in some rock ones as well and see what he likes there is this older country song  that has this almost 80s sound to it my fi loves 80s music i have a feeling he might choose that one 
  • I love Stars Over Texas ! I considered that one, but ultimately landed on Next To Heaven by Aaron Watson. It's Texas country, which is something my fiance and I are really into, and Aaron Watson.. well I just adore him!

Ever since I was a little girl I knew that I would have my father/daughter dance song be Butterfly Kisses. Growing up I remember always hearing it and making my dad dance with me to it, so I am really excited about that :)
    1385876 10200959833108451 1467805166 n
  • Father/Daughter I left up to my dad, and he picked "My Little Girl" from Tim McGraw.

others picks I have also enjoyed were:
    "Then They Do" Trace Adkins,
    "They Way You Look Tonight" (I like the Father of the Bride version);
    "My Girl" Temptations
    "My Wish" Rascal Flatts

First Dance:
    We danced to "Your Everything" from Keith Urban

also considered:
    "Making Memories of Us" Keith Urban
    "When You Got A Good Thing" Lady Antebellum
    "Me & You" Kenny Chesney

Anniversary