Michigan-Detroit
Options

BM dresses?

Hi Everyone!
I'm at the stage of looking for the perfect bridesmaid dress. I found a beautiful dress but don't know if it looks nice on all of my bridesmaids. Two of them are skinny, and 2 are a little bigger than the others. How did you find a bridesmaid dress that suites everyone's body? Do all of them have to agree on the dress or is it my choice? HELP!!!

Re: BM dresses?

• Options
    If you can, go shopping with your bridesmaids and have them try on different styles. See if you can find a dress that works for everyone. 

You won't know until they actually put it on. 
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could do the same designer, color and fabric. Then the dresses will look like they belong together, but you don't have to worry about finding one that fits everyone well. 
  • Options
    You can let them pick out their own dresses.
  • Options

A lot depends on the color scheme you want. I did black & white and our wedding was in August 2011. I let them each pick the most flattering black dress they could find, and they all chose short ones. In addition to height & weight challenges, 2 of my BM were in their 50's, and 2 in their teens. This worked for us.

If you choose a color that doesn't have a lot of variances, ie black, navy, then this is possible.

• Options
    I would go with a dress that goes good on everyone in YOUR opinion. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I would go with a dress that goes good on everyone in YOUR opinion. 

Just because you might think a dress looks good on someone doesn't mean that they are comfortable in it.
  • Options
    I took my two bridesmaid to David's so they could try on dresses.  They have extremely different body types so I was going to let them choose whatever dress they wanted in navy.  They happened to like the same dress, which just happened to look good on the both of them.  We were all very surprised because not only do they have very different body types, but their style and tastes are very different as well.  Also, you really do need to go try them on.  The dress they picked out is the dress my maid of honor originally vetoed when she saw it online.  We got lucky and they both will look beautiful!
  • Options
    you cant please everyone.  just be happy with your decision as the bride.  because if you try to please someone else and you arent happy in the end- that sucks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards