August 2014 Weddings

STDs are sent out!

Last sunday we designed our STD postcards. Yesterday we received our printed STDs (we ordered 50, but received more than 150, they charged for 50 xD ) and addressed them last night either...went to the post office to day to get them mailed...  

why this early?
- we have a lot of OOT guests,
- holiday time (and many book their holidays about 9 months in advance, Germans love planning ahead),
- a lot of our guests are going to have to tell their employer when they take their paid leave for 2014 by the end of November 2013 and in some companies it's not easy to change those days during the school holidays (only 6 weeks here).

I'm so excited to hear from some of our guests next week...

Re: STDs are sent out!

• Congrats. I have a lot of OOT guests as well which is why I sent mine and its a destination for us so we wanted everyone to be able to plan as early as possible.

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• ugh this makes me feel behind. My fiances whole family is out of town. I was think of sending them out before Thanksgiving!
  • This actually makes me feel a lot better! I was going to sent our STD's out in November, but we have a TON of OOT guests as well... at least I was able to book our hotel a couple of weeks ago, so we're able to provide that information in the STD cards as well... maybe I'll end up sending them out this month instead! :)
  • Okay now I feel super behind!! I wasn't planning on sending mine out until January...I always though it was 6-8 months...

• Okay now I feel super behind!! I wasn't planning on sending mine out until January...I always though it was 6-8 months...

That is the correct timeline according to etiquette.  However for DW and weddings withmany OOT guests many brides opt to send them earlier.  I have a lot of OOT guests and would like to send mine out just before thanksgiving or in January.  I personally am avoiding December as I feel they may be lost among all the Christmas Cards and other holiday activities people are involoved with.  (And I don't mean that in a "my guests are too stupid to remember my wedding and Christmas" way but just as an "I might be a little paranoid of people misplacing" way)
  • I am so glad I saw this discussion!  I was always under the impression that 6 months was the timing.  But I have OOT guests (from England), so I better get printing and sending!! :)
  • Just sent mine out this week!!
  • We just sent ours out this week! :)

• So I feel way behind cause I haven't even purchased them yet.  We finally picked them out but need to order them.  It's amazing how fast the time gets past you.  
  • @jennifer44241 same here! I've been engaged for 6 months and can't believe how fast it has gone! I'm planning to send our STD around the 6 months time frame.
  • I just got mine in the mail and am sending them next week. You guys aren't behind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine are coming in the mail next week, ordered last night. My wedding is August 1 so if anyone is behind, it's me! But they say 6 months is right for save the dates and my guests will have them the last week in January.
  • Ordered ours last weekend and they have already shipped.  Hoping to have them out by next week.
  • Exciting! I just got an email this morning that my STD magnets were sent out. It says it will be here by Monday so I'm planning to mail them out on Feb 1st.
  • Our STD postcards just came in the mail! We hope to send them out next week. I went to the post office today and they were completely out of postcard stamps...I didn't know that was possible...
    Anniversary
  • UPS delivered ours the other day and hopefully my plan is to have them out sometime next week.  The cost of Stamps are going up on Sunday so depending on how many things you are sending out you may want to stock up.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards