Illinois-Chicago

Wedding Venue's 400+ Downtown

So My Fiance is originally from Chicago, and I lived there for 6 years before moving back to Indiana to be with him, we are planning a Chicago wedding and would prefer for the location to be downtown for ease of access for out of town guests. We are at about 400 people any suggestions on locations?

Re: Wedding Venue's 400+ Downtown

• You didn't mention budget, but with 400 guests I am guessing that is not a concern if you are looking for downtown venues.  Carnivale may allow that capacity.  Fulton's River North is huge, and Hub 51 might be able to accommodate that number.  I think the Walnut room is available for weddings.  Have you checked with the many hotels?
  • Harold Washinton Library. Most hotels, Germania Place,
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Many of the hotels max at 250 however I have a few with larger in mind just figured brainstorming never hurts.
  • Aragon Ballroom
  • The Drake, Knickerbocker, The Penisula and Four Seasons can all hold 400+
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're using the Great Hall at Union Station. It has huge max capacities but you'd def need a planner because everything has to be brought in.
  • alm&mdm said:
    We're using the Great Hall at Union Station. It has huge max capacities but you'd def need a planner because everything has to be brought in.

Great idea I've been to Eve of the Eve there.. I will have to look into it, how many are you having I am just afraid it would be too big.

• Our guest list is currently pushing 400 as well.. It's going to round out close to 450 invited Im sure, We are doing the ceremony there as well (which most couples dont do as far as I've seen) and doing stations for dinner plus bars. So we really need the space. Our ceremony space will flip to our dessert table and dance floor while the rest of the room is set up prior to the guests arrival. We have always wanted to get married there so it was a no brainier for us, especially with such a big guest list. We also did look at the ballroom at Navy Pier just to compare. Its one of the only other spaces I could find for 350+ It was nice, but we wanted to do classic Chicago.
  • Thanks Guys, we're going to end up looking at Mid-America Club, Harold Washington Library, and the Swiss hotel. I would really love Museum of Science and Industry but not sure if we can swing it.
  • I had my reception at HWL. It was truly amazing. Kim (the wedding coordiantor of HWL) is so fun to work with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, if you are looking at the top floor of the swissotel, the ceilings are really low and can make the room feel cramped. But the views are amazing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards