Ohio-Columbus

June 2014 wedding

So I am beginning to plan my wedding from Pittsburgh that is in Hocking Hills.  I need some advice with vendors in the southern columbus/logan area.
So far I have my venue, and caterer secured.  We will be getting married, and having the reception at Crockett's Run.  We only had a few caterers to choose from, so I chose PC events.  Has anyone used either one?

So now I am looking for:

A very reasonable priced photographer. We are not looking for "posed" pictures.   I am only looking for some pictures between ceremony and reception.  This is both our second wedding.

Cake-  I was considering bringing this from Pittsburgh with me because we are doing cupcakes and cake pops instead of a wedding cake.  Thoughts?

Flowers-  Again, is it unrealistic to bring with me from Pittsburgh?  I do not want them to wilt.

I am not liking this wedding planning so far.  UGGGH

Re: June 2014 wedding

• I've never used or heard of PC Events - sorry.

What is "reasonable" for a photog? Then we can help with suggestions :-)

Cake - my MIL baked the cake at home (2.5 hours away) and decorated it once in Cbus. So I think bringing it is doable. But it's a complicated design it might be risky. I think bringing cupcakes would be totally doable.

Flowers - we used Kroger grocery store - super duper cheap! I don't think transporting them would  be the best option, as they might wilt and keeping them at the proper temp.

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I don't even know what to think of for a photog price wise.  Is free an option?!?  I am thinking below 1000, but even that sounds ridiculous to me to take pictures after the ceremony only.  This would be so much easier if I was just spending some one else's money.  :)
  • Yeah, free is unlikely unless you go on Craigslist and find someone who is just getting started and wants to start a portfolio, but they will have NO experience. Look for photogs in the HH area, they will be cheaper than Cbus. The good ones in CBus start at $2,500. But can easily go over $5K...which I agree is crazy.

Photography is one of those things you can't redo. If it's really not important to you than no worries, otherwise you need to pay to get what you want - even then most brides will tell you they were disappointed about something or at least wish they had a particular shot photo wise.

Food, Photos & Video were my priorities, but I still was able to get them at prices I was comfortable with...you just gotta prioritize and work your budget :-)
    GL!

• Our photographer is Amy Rebecca and she is in Lancaster (not far from Hocking Hills).  

Her lowest package is $1,900 and include two photographers, 6 hours of coverage, and a cd of fully edited images with printing rights. I clicked with her immediately, she has such a fun personality!

I would not bring flowers and cake/cupcakes with you from Pittsburgh.  You will be bringing enough stuff down with you and Hocking Hills is close enough to Columbus (and don't forget to check Athens, OH for vendors) that you will be able to find vendors.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Re: photographer - sure, free is always an option. But it is not a professional option (for photos or music etc...)  But, it could simply be a friend that is at the wedding taking some pictures.  The "how" you and your groom to be are choosing to be married is totally up to you - there isn't a road map that you have to follow.  

If you're prioritizing your day, and you know you want some photos, but that part is truly not big money important to you - ask a friend, or family member, or spouse/date of someone in the wedding party to be the official photographer, and simply take some posed, and some spontaneous.  It will be up to you to make a list to check off from if you have any important groups (you with _____   etc...)
  • donethat said:
    Re: photographer - sure, free is always an option. But it is not a professional option (for photos or music etc...)  But, it could simply be a friend that is at the wedding taking some pictures.  The "how" you and your groom to be are choosing to be married is totally up to you - there isn't a road map that you have to follow.  

If you're prioritizing your day, and you know you want some photos, but that part is truly not big money important to you - ask a friend, or family member, or spouse/date of someone in the wedding party to be the official photographer, and simply take some posed, and some spontaneous.  It will be up to you to make a list to check off from if you have any important groups (you with _____   etc...)
    good advice!
    You could also look for student photographers - OU has a great photo JCOM school. You might be able to get a student fairly cheap who has great a strong skill set already.

• good advice!
    You could also look for student photographers - OU has a great photo JCOM school. You might be able to get a student fairly cheap who has great a strong skill set already.
    Also, Hocking college is right there :-)     See if they have a job board.  

• wow ladies, thank you so much for all of the advice.  I will definitely look into the colleges.  My uncle is a semi-professional photographer, but I just don't want to ask, and he hasn't offered. 

I am getting so many ideas on our wedding it is ridiculous.  I LOVE IT. 
  • Have you thought about contacting the local art college (CCAD) to see if they have a list of student photographers?  Also, I know it sounds crazy, but Craigslist has all kinds of event providers.  You might find a photographer there.  GL.
  • A friend of mine got married in near the airport and used a photographer called Lauren
    I asked and she said she was really reasonable her site is
    Http://www.laurensphotographs.com
  • I've never used Jack Neal Floral for anything but a random gift here or there went I went to school there but they are located downtown Athens- check them out:)
  • We booked My Studio 23 photography for our wedding.  www.mystudio23.com  Jenni has packages starting at $900 and will travel to lots of places.  She does charge a small fee for travel more than 30 miles from her office, but it's like 50 cents a mile.  The travel fee for her to photograph our wedding in Mt. Sterling was about $15 - totally doable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards