Massachusetts-Boston

Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center

Hello all!  I'm absolutely in love with the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center for my wedding reception.  However, I've seen a few reviews that have me concerned about the size.  We anticipate just about 150, which the CMAC website says is ok if you want a sit down dinner with room for a dance floor.  Now, I understand I may have to break down 3 tables for the dance floor after dinner, which I am OK with.  But does anyone know if 150 would really just be WAY too many people for CMAC?  As I said, willing to have it be a little tight, and willing to break down a few tables, but I don't want to remember my wedding as having the guests squished in like sardines.   Any advice or experience would be appreciated!

Re: Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center

• We took a look at it. I think if you're willing to have it be a little tight, and willing to break down tables, 150 would be OK. However, the way they do it with that many people is to put the bar in a separate room from the tables/dancing. I was concerned a bunch of my guests would just be hanging out in that room, and not participating in the main reception because of the crowding (and the closeness to the bar!). I didn't like that idea. 
  • Did you decide to do your weddng at the CMAC? I am very interested in this venue and would be curious to see if chose it (and why or why not).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards