North Carolina-Outer Banks

Vendor Reviews 9-14-2013

s.cruz83s.cruz83 member
First Comment First Anniversary
My HUSBAND (love it) and I got married September 14th at Marshes light house and had the reception at 108 Budleigh.  The weather was sunny and 70.  It could not have been a more perfect day!

Planner - Beth Pallett from Engaging events - If you have followed any of my posts in the past, you know how much I absolutely love Beth.  She really went above and beyond to help me with my wedding.  She did an amazing job coordinating everything and always with a smile.  The day of the wedding I really don't think I would have been able to make it through without her.  I did not lift a finger on the wedding day.  Even if you just use her for the day of, she was SOO worth it.  I was really able to fully enjoy the day.  She also decorated with all of my things that I provided and the Budleigh looked amazing!  Her assistant Jennifer was great too!

Beth suggested all of my vendors.  I really don't have anything bad to say about any of them, which means she did an amazing job.

Officiant - Jay Bowman - Meeting with Jay I knew he was going to be great.  As we got closer, I began to get nervous that he knew my husband and I but not very well.  During the ceremony, you would have thought Jay knew us forever.  He is so well spoken and he made it so light and personal.  Everyone commented about how wonderful he was.  

Cake/ Cupcakes - Carolina Cupcakery - Kyndall was great to work with.  She actually went out on maternity leave right before the wedding.  Jenni took over for her and the transition was seamless.  The cake top was beautiful and delicious.  The cupcakes and cake pops were also delicious.  The cake pops were a hit!

Photographer - Matt Lusk - I can't say enough good things about Matt.  He was amazing.  He did our engagement pictures which turned out beautifully.  He was so easy to work with and is hilarious.  His personality really puts everyone at ease.  I can not wait to get the pictures back.  

Videographer - Benny Baldwin - I can pretty much put Benny's name in Matt's review.  He also was amazing.  I didn't feel like he was intrusive at all.  Although he did chase me around with his camera at one point....hilarious!  I really did not stop laughing with these two.  They make a great duo.  I can't wait to see the results.  I know they will be great.

Caterer - Black Pelican - The food was delicious and Erica did a great job coordinating.  We did run out of vodka before dinner was even over.  We were a bit upset about this, but Beth saved the day by going to get more.  The crew Erica brought with her could not have been nicer.  The shrimp and Grits station was awesome!  I wish I would have had more room to eat more than a few bites.
Negative:
They ran out of vodka before dinner was even over.  We told them we didn't think they quoted us enough.  They told us they would have extra with them if we needed it, they didn't.  My planner had to run out during dinner and get more.  

DJ - Matt Cooper - He was another great person to work with.  The music was wonderful and he kept the party going.  

Hair and Makeup - Linda - It's Royalty - Linda is wonderful!  Her salon is so calming and beautiful and she provided cookies.  She did an amazing job on my hair, all of my girls and our mothers.  Everyone looked amazing.  I still can't believe she was able to do all of us in such a short amount of time, by her self.  
Three negatives: 
She charged my grandmothers the same price as my bridesmaids ($70 for hair and $50 for makeup).  They barely had anything done.  
She charged my card for ALL of the bridesmaids, mothers and grandmothers.  It has been my job to track everyone down and get them to give us money.  This was VERY inconvenient and needless to say I am out about $500 (not Linda's fault).  It would have been easier for me to have everyone pay and tip her on their own. 
She does not allow alcohol in the salon, which means no mimosas while you are getting ready. 

Other vendors I used - They were all great
Coastal shots - Photo booth - The personalized logo on the strips was PERFECT and Ryan was great to work with (and very good looking)  
Ocean atlantic rentals
Club violin - The guests commented most on these ladies.  Everyone thought they were great.  Such beautiful music!
Rehearsal dinner - Pamlico Jack's - Food was awesome, bartenders and servers were amazing!
Venue - 108 Budleigh - Beautiful and Bonnie is amazing to work with.
"drunk bus" - Sandy Beach Tours 

All in all it was a GREAT day!!  Thanks Beth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards