Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Rehearsal dinner question

(I know you guys love how I only pop up when I have a totally random question.)

The FILs are fighting about the rehearsal dinner, and I have no idea who is right (they're paying). Should actual invitations go out for the RD, an email, assume that everyone knows we're going to dinner after? What?

What did all you wonderful ladies who answer my totally ridiculous questions doing? :D

Re: Rehearsal dinner question

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my MIL sent out invites and did place cards. if she hadn't done invites, i prob would have done them (just from vistaprint). however, the last wedding i was in there was no invitation sent for the RD, the bride just let us know what was going on.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did invitations but only because I found a really cute template that I just *HAD* to use.  But I think word of mouth is best.  If you do an email, I wouldn't do a blast email to everyone, I'd probably send one out to each person so it's personalized.  But that's just me.

GL!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW The past two weddings that FI and I have been involved in the rehearsal we have received invites to the RD. One was more formal and the other was simply am invite from a package from Wal Mart or Target that have the WHO: WHEN: WHERE: WHAT: on them and the bride just filled in the blanks.
    I think it just made it easier for those of us who came in from OOT, and I plan on sending out invites as well. HTH :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did invites for it. They were from VistaPrint.

I also had done an email once we set the rehearsal time at the Church way ahead of time to allow people to arrange travel plans.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome - thanks everyone! I think I'm going to side with FFIL and say do the invites (it'll probably be me doing them anyway, so might as well). That's a good point about the OOT members of the WP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing invites. But the last wedding I was in just did word of mouth and that was fine as well.  The party for that wedding was all really close and noone was OOT tho- so that might have made the difference
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did invites since so many invited to RD were OOT.  That and I found gorgeous ones that were so cute, but didn't work for the real wedding invites.  :-D 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The last 3 weddings I was in had no invitations.  However, I am doing them.  It was semi-confusing after the rehearsal at the last one to figure out where we were going, then I didn't have directions to get there.  So I'll be sending out invites with directions from the church to the spot so they know how to get there.  FYI almost everyone is from OOT.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards