Honeymoon Discussions

Maui activities

I've been to Maui before, but we only had one full day there, so obviously not much time to really experience it.  We just booked our trip to go back for a full week in November in Kihei, so now we're looking for stuff to do.  My H definitely wants to do a bike tour, probably one down Haleakala, any recommendations for those?  We might also try to get a few scuba dives in, any good dive companies?  We already bought the Maui Revealed book, but just looking for any other tips for people that have been there before (for more than a day).  

Re: Maui activities

• Also forgot, we'll be there on our 2nd wedding anniversary, so any good restaurant recommendations?
  • We had a geat meal at Duo, which is located at the Four Seasons. We're not seafood eaters, but there is a great seafood place at the Fairmont Kea Lani (where we stayed) called Nick's Fishmarket. As for activities, we did all of the standard stuff but we eally enjoyed the helicopter tour.

• We rented snorkel gear from a stand in Kaanapali for $25 for the week and tried out snorkeling spots mentioned in Maui Reveal. The area around the Black Rock in Kaanapali really is some of the best snorkeling in any of the islands, and you don't need to pay a tour group to do it! 

We drove the Road to Hana ourselves-we left even earlier than recommended (I think we left at 6:30am from Kaanapali) and had the road to ourselves, which we were really grateful for. We drove around the south end to come back (the area that is unpaved) and it was fine. It was way easier to do that than to drive back down the windy crowded roads.

We went to Haleakala for sunset instead of sunrise. I can't comment on the sunrise experience, but we realized enjoyed sunset. Not too many people, and I would highly recommend hiking the Sliding Sands trail at the end of the day. We were the ONLY people down there and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. It's rough hiking back up though so be careful about how far down you go.

• I just want to say that I am jealous of your upcoming trip to Maui.  Do you think it would be possible for me to fit in your luggage? :)

• We did the winery which was fantastic. And a dinner cruise on the Alii Nui it's a cattermaran and the food was delish as well as awesome sunset views
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards