Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Fresh Flowers on Top Tier

I was thinking about putting fresh flowers on the top tier of my wedding... but I wasn't sure of how to go about doing that...

Anyone done this for their cake??

Thanks!!

Re: Fresh Flowers on Top Tier

• I also know that some flowers are poisonous, so I would be planning on using roses and/or gerbera daises, which are not poisonous
  • I had flowers on my cake.  I believe my florist just cut the stems short and placed them on top.  I would not shove the stem into the cake because who really wants to eat cake that will taste like a flower stem?

• I had flowers on my cake.  I believe my florist just cut the stems short and placed them on top.  I would not shove the stem into the cake because who really wants to eat cake that will taste like a flower stem?
    Exactly.
  • It depends how you want them to look. You will need to put them in something or have them tied together if you want them to look dome shape like a cake topper. If you don't do something with them then they will just be laying there flat. They make little picks that you can stick in the cake and then put flowers in those so the stems aren't going into the cake. 
  • Ask your florist to make a floral cake topper. It's probably not their first rodeo. I think fresh flowers on a cake look lovely!
    *********************************************************************************

• Im not having fresh but Im having fake on the top of my cake. I dont think they would lay correctly so im actually putting them in a teacup (which is our theme)
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards