January 2014 Weddings

Well...Crap.

I'm in limbo not know what to do about my venue. It is booked in Lyons, CO. I thankfully live in Arvada and did not get any damage. Anyone watching the news knows that Lyons was hit HARD by the floods and is not accessible. The venue is on top of a mountain and has no damage but you cannot get into or out of the city. The news is saying that it will take MONTHS to fix the roads. The wedding is in 3.5 months. I am supposed to pay 2k in two weeks to the venue and I don't want to pay if I won't be able to get there! I emailed the staff yesterday asking if we will get a refund if we cannot get there. I hate bothering them right now because I know they have wedding this month and next to worry about. But I need to know what to do :/

Re: Well...Crap.

• That is a sticky situatioN!! Sorry :(
    It is nice of you to be thinking of them, but I don't think it would be bothering them if you gave them a phone call.
    I would def. call them...they may be inundated with emails, so with a phone call you'll be able to speak with someone right away.
    If they say that the roads will be ok for January, ask them for something in writing...I know that is not something they may be able to guarantee, but at least they should send you something in writing about a refund!
    I hope it will be okay!!! sending positive vibes your way!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • I'm sorry this happened. I agree though, a phone call would be best. I'm sure they won't feel bothered about it. Who knows, they may work with you because they know how serious the damage is.
  • Thanks for the positive thoughts guys! I emailed them because on their facebook page they asked that everyone email them. I believe they have the phone forwarded to someone's cell phone. I plan to email again next Tuesday if I don't see a response and if I still don't have anything by the following Monday I will actually call.

The news is now saying that the department of transportation is saying that there may be dirt/gravel roads. So I may just keep my original plans. It really won't kill my guests to drive on dirt for a few miles. They will be glad they did once they see the views!

• IT sounds like it will all work out ok!! If the road is not so great, you can always have 2-3 people with trucks/SUV's drive back and forth (it would be a hassle, but at least the people will be there!).

Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • I got a response!

The venue is saying that their road is fine and the major highway going to their road is ok. Slight damage but driveable. I also read that a different venue in the same city now has power. So things are looking up. I'm not going to worry about. I will plan my wedding as if nothing happened and if, at a month before, the venue is not up and running I will THEN freak out!

• That is great news!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards