May 2014 Weddings

Will one musician be enough?

Hello fellow May 2014 Knotties!

We are having an outdoor ceremony and since this has been decided I wanted to hire an acoustic guitarist to play music for the processional and the...idk what it's called the finale? the send-off?  It's entirely open space, a hillside overlooking a valley.

My question is do you all think just one musician will be enough soundwise?  Will one acoustic guitar be able to carry enough sound so my 50 guests can hear it?
Also do you have any suggestions on other instruments that could accompany the guitarist?

Thanks!
-anjo (aka the future mrs miley :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Will one musician be enough?

• Since you are only having 50 guests I think one musician is fine as long as there's no major problems with sound/amplification in that open space.  Maybe try to test out the sound there beforehand to help with any further music choices (like ask a  friend who plays guitar to test it out for you)??  One group I had looked into was a duo of a guitar and a cello - they sounded really good together! (here's their site if you want to hear how the two instruments sound when put together: http://nyceremonymusic.com/music.html).  I ended up booking a trio of musicians from another company, as I'm having around 125 guests at my outdoor ceremony and being in NY we always have planes going overhead lol.

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards