Florida-North Florida

Winter destination wedding near Panama City?

Hey everyone! I've been engaged about 2 1/2 months and I'm really lost with my planning. My fiance and I live in Philadelphia, but we are from the South (I'm from Memphis and he is from Dothan, AL). We're planning on coming back South for our wedding, mostly so that our family will have an easier time getting there. 

Winter 2014 works best with our timing, and we are thinking of New Years Eve. The fiance loves the idea of a beach wedding in the winter, and part of me likes the idea quite a bit (bonfire on the beach, sparkles, maybe a shipwrecked vibe for a theme). We would keep things indoors of course, so people will be comfortable - my ideal venue would have indoor/outdoor access for some walks along the water. We have this daydream of everyone trickling in by car after Christmas and spending a couple days together over the NYE holiday. Wintertime on the beach is special to us for personal reasons, we've made a lot of memories at that time over the years. But, I'm concerned that our guests would be unhappy and not understand why we didn't choose a warmer month. 

Can anyone offer insight? Would you hate the idea of a cool-weather beach wedding? How cold does it really get in late December in Panama City/surrounding towns? 

Thanks for reading! :)

Re: Winter destination wedding near Panama City?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards