Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Jennifer LK Thompson Photography - St. Louis

Forewarning to all - read your contract with great scrutiny before signing. This photographer expected a hot meal, not a box lunch that the wedding coordinator normally gives to photographers. This was not in their contract.  This photographer husband/wife team wanted to eat with the guests at a guest table during dinner. The photographer made it all about her and put undue stress on the bride by demanding a hot meal, and a seat with the guests.  Bride had to go back and forth with the wedding coordinator b/c of her. The photographer stated that she didn't think she'd get the shots during the reception dinner even though we had paid for a team so that while one photographer took a break the other could keep shooting photos. Photographer didn't get any candid shots of the family members, especially the grandparents.  We had provided a list of the traditional shots we wanted after the ceremony and the photographer didn't get the traditional full length portrait of the couple which was number one on the list. Apparently, if one uses this photographer, one needs to stand next to her with photo list in hand to make sure the photos are actually going to be taken.  Many of the photos taken had bad lighting.  I ended up having to fix some of the photos myself.  This photographer is inexperienced and her fee should reflect that.

Re: Jennifer LK Thompson Photography - St. Louis

• You might want to post your review on the St. Louis board where more brides in your area will see it, they will find it helpful I'm sure. This is an international board, so they might not search here for info on local photographers. Sorry you had a bad experience, that sticks :-(
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards