Wedding Reception Forum

Predecorated Venues

I am looking at a couple of different venues in my area. I am torn between a venue that is predecorated (it's BEAUTIFUL) and doesn't allow any additional decorations to be brought in except for flowers, and a venue that I can decorate however I want. The second venue means that I have to coordinate most of the other vendors myself. Has anyone ever used a venue that is predecorated? I don't want to be at the wedding dreading that I couldn't use random whatever decoration I thought of a month after I signed my contract. Any thoughts?

Re: Predecorated Venues

• TBH, if you can get a predecorated venue that you think is beautiful, I'd do that all day long before I'd want to mess around with more vendors and logistics. 

Our venue had so many restrictions we could pretty much only bring in flowers. At first I was bummed out because I had all these grand ideas of customizing everything. Once stuff got down to the wire and there were a million things to coordinate, I was REALLY glad that simplicity was my friend.
    *********************************************************************************

• Predecorated sounds perfect, especially if you love it. Less for you to worry about!!

• I guess my venue is predecorated? They had a wide selection of centerpieces for me to choose from. I brought in guestbook stuff, a few other framed items (like an in-memory area...another about our parents marriages...and "our love story" frame)...but that's all I really did.
  • When you say the only thing the pre-decorated one lets you bring in is flowers, does that translate to other centerpieces? As in, say, you wanted to incorporate books, candles, etc. into your centerpieces - would that be allowed? As long as that's the case, I would definitely go for that over a space that you have to build up from scratch yourself.
  • She has candle center pieces on mirrors that are very pretty or I have have flower center pieces brought in.
  • I need to ask about in remembrance frames and how to display the favors. I didn't even to think to ask while I was there! Surely the venue will let me display those like I like!
  • We didn't really decorate our venue.  It was a traditional wedding venue....we just brought in flowers and that was pretty much it.  What other decorations are you talking about?
  • JoanE2012 said:

We didn't really decorate our venue.  It was a traditional wedding venue....we just brought in flowers and that was pretty much it.  What other decorations are you talking about?

I was more wondering about making my own centerpieces, or setting up a cute display of engagement pictures on a table, things like that. I still need to check if I can do those things. It is sounding like I am worrying too much about this :)

• We didn't really decorate our venue.  It was a traditional wedding venue....we just brought in flowers and that was pretty much it.  What other decorations are you talking about?
    I was more wondering about making my own centerpieces, or setting up a cute display of engagement pictures on a table, things like that. I still need to check if I can do those things. It is sounding like I am worrying too much about this :)
    You should of course check with the venue, but I'd guess you can still do those things.  When I think pre-decorated, I think more no hanging fabric decorations, stuff on the walls, paper lanterns, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards