Snarky Brides

Well this sucks.

I'm not sure if I'm wanting advice or just wanting to vent.
My bridesmaids ordered their dresses at the beginning of June at so-called lovely salon. I didn't buy my dress here - but decided to use so-called lovely salon for their wedding alterations and dropped my gown off here to be altered. The bridal salon informed us the bridesmaids dresses and my dress would be ready in September.  Alright cool.
Fast forward to September. Yesterday, my Maid of Honor said she tried giving the store a call to see if the dresses were in. She informed me....the number isn't working. "Huh. Strange," I thought to myself. 
Thinking not much of it, I went to their website to find their email and contact info in order to get in touch with them this way. Oh. The website is shut down.
Now I'm beginning to worry a tad, but trying to keep it positive. I google their salon...I see google reviews from customers in the recent months bashing on the store. Those reviews were definitely not there so now I'm REALLY worried.
My boss allows me to get off early today to drive the 50 minutes to the store. It's closed. Nothing inside. No dresses, no sign that it's being moved or temporarily closed. Nothing. Like it didn't even exist. 
Lucky me, I have the number to the lady who is doing my wedding dress alterations. She claims she has my dress at her house but has no idea if the bridesmaids dresses ever came in. 
Did I mention we already paid for all of the dresses? 
I ask the lady for the name and contact info of the owner of the bridal store. She claims that he is an honest man but doesnt have any contact info or any way of getting ahold of him. 
I smell bull shit.

The silver lining in this story is a news reporter was waiting at the store when I showed up and now my story will appear on the 5 oclock and 10 oclock news tonight...

Re: Well this sucks.

• The same thing happened to my sister almost 8 years ago in Sacramento. Luckily she was once a collection's agent and "knew" how to find people.
  • Oh wow. That royally sucks. I'm glad you were able to track down your dress at least!
  • Yikes. That is a nightmare. Hoping it all turns out for you. In this day and age there is no way that someone has absolutely zero contact information. The authorities will find him
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh my gosh! That is terrible! Hopefully your news coverage will help find that jerk and get your dresses or at least your money back! Good luck!
  • Good luck with everything. I hope it works out!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • OMG!   I'm just grateful you were able to find your dress.  Thank god for that!!!!  And since the news was there when you arrived, at least I don't have to suggest that.  Who was the designer for the dresses?  Is there any way you an contact them directly to see if the order was ever placed?

I am so sorry you have to deal with this.
  • Oh no, best of luck finding the bridesmaids dresses. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
  • Thanks for the kind words, yall. I am feeling much better about it today. We are going to have it disputed with the credit card company. There is another bridal store who is contacting the original manufactures to see if they still have our dresses or could quickly get us another. If not, we will simply just find another dress. 
    With the news story, there have been many other brides who have came forward with the same problem so now it is public with what this man has done. Hopefully he will be caught soon! If you want to see the news video, I'll post the link before. Thanks again for listening and sympathizing with me!

• What a nightmare! I'm glad you found a bridal salon willing to help. I hope the dresses turn up!
  • I was just going to ask if you paid with cc. Future brides, pay for dresses, etc with credit cards because you might be able to dispute claims with the credit card company if a salon goes under.
    Op, I'm so sorry! When is your wedding? Hopefully the dresses are found or you are able to find used ones in a jiff.

• That is awful!  I hope you get your dress back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2013
    My friend had this happen. Fortunately she was able to get her wedding gown, but the BM's dresses were never ordered. They all went out and bought random pink dresses instead. Then they did the pose form the Bridesmaid movie and it was really fitting! That sucks! I hope you get the dresses or at least their money back. Did you get your dress yet??
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards