New Jersey

Inn at Millrace Pond

edited September 2013 in New Jersey

Looking into the Inn at Millrace Pond in Hope NJ for my daughters wedding next fall/spring??  Has anyone had or been to a wedding there?  Pros/Cons...would be appreciated! 

Re: Inn at Millrace Pond

• I was a guest at a wedding there early this summer...very pretty place. The bride & groom got married in front of the rustic looking house (where they did cocktail hour) on the grounds. What I really did not care for was that as we were sitting there waiting for the ceremony to begin, all the workers were carrying tables and chairs and plates in and out of the house. Some of them were even in street clothes, carring their work clothes. We had no choice but to watch it since it was the 'back drop' of the alter. It stopped once the ceremony began, but it struck me as odd that it even happened.

The cocktail hour was on the really small side, and we were fairly hungry waiting for dinner (could have just been the limited selection made by the b&g). Also, for dinner they did not ask anyone how they would like their steak cooked...they all came out on the medium rare side, which I personally don't care for. I've never been to a wedding that didn't ask how you'd prefer your steak.

I'm sorry my opinions are mostly negative. I loved the general look of the place, the rustic and natural feel, but didn't enjoy much else. Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards