Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was really good! 

On Friday, H and I went to the movies to see Prisoners. It was good but I figured everything out fairly early on. 

On Saturday, we went to a street fair and the tattoo shop we like had a table set up so we asked if they were doing walk-ins today and they were. We headed over the shop and they were completely empty so we both got new tats! I've wanted a new one for so long so I'm really happy with it! Afterwards, we met up with some friends and had a couple beers. 

Yesterday, I headed into the city for football. I had one too many pumpkin beers and am definitely not a happy camper today. Last night was the series finale of Dexter and I cried and was also a bit disappointed in the ending. 

Overall, it was a great weekend just way too short as always. 

Re: Weekend?

• Nice tattoo, swazzle!

Miserable weekend up here. Spent the whole weekend sick. This is the mother of all head colds - it laughs at medication, tea, ginger juice, warm showers - all my usual remedies. I still can't breathe this morning, and the nausea is setting in. I'm home at least this morning. :( My boss is flexible on my hours, but hours I don't work are hours I don't get paid, of course, so I'm not thrilled about this. I'm probably going back to bed here soon. The one thing this cold does is let me sleep, so I suppose I should be grateful. 

Otherwise the knitting went poorly this weekend (I ended up throwing my work to the floor in disgust yesterday), and my fantasy team imploded. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened. I was supposed to win by 22 points. Dwayne Bowe laid a goose egg for my opponent. Cheer for Wes Welker and Knowshon Moreno tonight, any football fans, please ...
  • Our weekend was good, @swazzle Your tats are too cute! Love the paw prints.

I felt like all we did this weekend was drive. We had a really nice date night on Friday, we went to dinner and then out to a local bar afterwards for some live music.

Saturday I drove an hour and a half to a church event and it rained the whole time : (
    Then we drove another hour to meet up with FI's cousins for dinner.

Sunday we drove to church which is an hour and a half and drove all the way back home for my bday dinner. So lots of driving but it was a good weekend definitely.
  • we are enjoying some beautiful weather here, so H and I tried to spend some time outdoors to take advantage of it.  the pups are getting lots of walks!

I also managed to get the house cleaned up, the yard (sort of) spruced up, and a really tasty tomatillo pork stew cooked on Saturday.  I still need to go pick out some pretty cool-weather flowers to replace my spring/summer plants on the porch.  there are so many cute mums and pansies everywhere, so I think I might do that after work. 

this weekend was also H's birthday, so we did some celebrating.  I think he had a good day!
  • Hi all. My weekend was pretty good. DH and I went to our friends house after work to see their new baby (2 days old!). He was so adorable! Then we came home and packed for the next day. We left really early (5:15a) to go down to Richmond to see my niece's soccer game. It was so cute watching her run around (she's 5). She was hilarious.

Then my sis, BIL, DH and I went to an Oktoberfest in town. It was a total blast. Then we walked to eat, and had my dad pick us up because none of us were even close to sober enough to drive. Yesterday we drove home, then went to a picnic for our street. We finally met some people under the age of 45 that live near us, so here's hoping we're on our way to making some new friends!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Most of you know how my Saturday morning/afternoon went. For those that didn't, the short story is: all of Bean's friend's except for one bailed on his birthday party for various reasons and my dad and brothers planned to ditch him 30 minutes into the party to go to a baseball game instead. Because baseball is somehow far more important than your grandson's/nephew's birthday. In a swift act of poetic justice, their game got rained out. Only downside was I was stuck being civil with them much longer than I cared to. And I'm still beyond ticked off that they would even THINK to ditch him for a mother fucking baseball game.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT Peek came by to see him and love on him and plan his upcoming German lessons, and he was so stinking happy about it. And he had a great time with the one friend that was able to make it. The next morning I caught them eating leftover cake for breakfast. I 'scolded' them, then turned around to hide my laughs. At the end of the day yesterday, Bean came to both me and el Senor and gave us big hugs and told us we were the best parents and thanking us for letting him have his first sleepover. I love that kid to pieces.

@swazzle I love the new tat!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @swazzle, thats a fantastic tattoo! Id love to do a variation like that someday!

My weekend was alright, just work and study! BF took me to my favorite restaurant last night, and then we saw The Wizard of Oz in IMAX 3D. It was so much fun!
  • Hey everyone.  Our weekend was good, pretty quiet.  DH had his Lasik done Thursday so he was off work Friday and Saturday.  Saturday went to the gym and hung out with a GF for a while.  Her daughter is just adorable.  Yesterday DH's mom came over (she's in town visiting her dad) for dinner and she wanted to stay the night.  I polished off a good bottle of wine, I think mostly to prove that I was NOT KTFU yet.  I'm turning 35 next week and suddenly feeling old so I also think a new tattoo is in order!!

• Morning everyone!

Our weekend was interesting if nothing else.

Evita was awesome - I really liked the show, although I think the person who played Evita could've worked a little on her voice because some of her higher points it just sounded like she was yelling.

Venue searching... ugh.  I feel like I was expecting to walk into a room and be like "oh, this is it!" - but I don't know if that's possible to get that feeling about a party room.  We found a chapel we love that is a historic non-denominational church and museum - built sometime around the 1850s.

Anyone else who already has their venue picked or is already married - am I wrong in thinking that when it comes to figuring out a reception, we need to focus on the food, flowers, and DJ more than anything else, because that's all that people will remember?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Swazzle, love the tat!

Friday started out grumpy with BF being super late, but we managed to get to laser tag with my fraternity which was a good time and we all stopped for milkshakes at the diner across the street. That night was the party at my apartment. Ended up going over pretty well. Though I remember telling BF I was going out on the back patio for some air with my best friend and he forgot or I drunkenly didn't tell him and he freaked cause he couldn't find me! All was well though. However, at the end of the night before bed, I ended up breaking down a bit and telling BF about my childhood trauma. (Brother did inappropriate things, etc.) He was very happy that I was able to open up to him though and he's the only one who knows the explicit details.

Saturday we went out to the Big E. We got stuck in traffic for like 3 hours, but once we got there, it started a bit rainy. Got parking and braved our way through some rain. It ended up clearing up, we got our yummy lobster rolls, and caught the Saddlebred/Hackney horse show. (Best friend and I are horse crazy.) 

Sunday, slept in until noon. (bad idea since I didn't sleep last night in result.) Went to the park (boyfriend picked me a rose! I'll post the pic in a bit.) and just hung out and relaxed. Overall, a good weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle I LOVE your new tattoo!

@keptinstiches sorry about your knitting frustration! I just started knitting again after being SO frustrated about it, and I can't believe how well I progressed! While we were on our way to my parents house I knitted the whole way while watching a movie and spent most of my free time at my parent's house knitting. Even my mom was shocked (I was not a crafty child growing up).

@cocobellaf I don't know if you know the rule, but if you post any recipe with the word tomatillo in it, you have to share it with me. I LOVE tomatillos!

@cu97tiger yay for meeting new neighbors! I've been at my house for a year and STILL haven't met some neighbors. But, we've become real good friends with the neighbors right next door to us. We had an extra lawnmower that BF let our neighbor have (it came with the house and our parents gave us a John Deere) and the neighbor mowed our lawn while we were away.

@beanbot2002 give Bean a big birthday hug from me! Also, I'm a firm believer in cake for breakfast! That was my special post-birthday treat as a kid and I still do it.

@doubless07 you have to drink at least two bottles of wine to realllly prove you're not KTFU ;p also happy early birthday!!!!

This weekend was crazy busy for me. BF got home at around 7pm Friday and we left to drive to my parent's house which is about 3.5 hours away. We got there around 10:30pm and got to meet my new baby brother golden retriever, Bart, who's the cutest puppy ever! He is just a big ball of fluff and loves to bite everyone! We finally went to bed around 11:30 and then woke right back up at 6am since the puppy had to wake up which caused my dog to wake up. We sat around and drank coffee waiting for BF to get up (he had to sleep in my parent's guest house) then we had a delicious breakfast made by my dad.

That afternoon, my dad had to go to the vet to pick up some meds for Bart and BF decided to go with him. When they came back my dad had an announcement to make. He said that on the way to the vet, BF asked him permission to propose to me eventually. My BF was embarassed since he thought it would stay between the two of them. I can't complain though because we got to drink about 3 or 4 bottles of really expensive wine that was delicious to celebrate! That evening, my mom got on the BSC train and researched wedding venues, I just tuned her out by knitting away. Then we stayed up late drinking more wine and talking about her crazy family.

Sunday we woke up, had breakfast and my mom gave BF her diamond. We hung around some more playing Mario Cart on Wii, getting eaten alive by a golden retriever puppy, had lunch and left to head back home. On the way back, BF decided to have the setting that my mom's diamond is in now re-set with a ruby (my birthstone) as a thank you gift from him. I thought it was nice.

We got home, BF hid the diamond, and I won't see it again until it's "that time". I'm glad I have you ladies to keep me sane!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 -

LINK for the recipe.

also, my dad didn't know that H was asking for his blessing when he talked to him...  so my dad pulled me in to the conversation and then thought we were engaged and started telling people.  AH!  my dad still never understood why H wanted to "propose again".  *sigh*  dads!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, ladies! My mom is not a fan at all and really hurt my feelings about it the other day and then had me second guessing myself so I'm glad to hear some positive reactions :)

@KeptInStitches - I hope you feel better soon! The only medicine that ever works for me is Advil Cold & Sinus. If you haven't already tried that, that's my recommendation. 

@southernpeach89 - 2 months to go! Holy cow! 

@CocoBellaF - I wish I could have flowers at home. Unfortunately, my devil cat tries to eat them (which is bad for him) and ends up knocking them over (which is bad for me). 

@cu97tiger - Yay for Oktoberfest!

@beanbot2002 - My heart was so broken for Bean on Saturday. People suck. I'm glad he still had a nice day though! 

@PrincessTinyFeet - What kind of restaurant was it?

@doubleSS07 - How's your H doing after his Lasik? Is he soooo happy?

@KateJ16 - Finding the venue was probably the hardest part of planning for us. We looked at 13 different places before finding the right one. I would say definitely food and DJ but not so much flowers. I don't remember flowers at any of the weddings I've ever attended as a guest. 

@LivLeighton - Pretty lady! I really like your dress at the wedding, where is it from? I cried during Dexter but I was pretty disappointed in the ending. 

• KateJ16 - I don't know, I think there are a lot of different venues that have different vibes... art museum vs. golf course. vs. downtown loft space vs. hotel ballroom. Once you know what kind of 'feeling' you want, you can narrow it down to a certain type of place. From there, it's mostly aesthetics. I definitely wanted a place with lots of windows, not a closed in room. For others, they care less about that and more about the size of the room, etc. It's really about individual preferences.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @swazzle, it's a burger joint in old town! The area is the original town from the old west and it has all kinds of old time candy shops and stuff, we kind of made it "our place". They have a burger with bacon and peanut butter on it that I would kill for!
  • @cocobellaf did you use grapeseed oil for your recipe? Do you think EVOO would work just as well? I pretty much have all the ingredients minus the grapeseed oil.

@livleighton you are gorgeous! You're so lucky that you can pull off any shade of haircolor!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Kait - I'm so sorry about what you went through. I'm glad you were able to open up to your BF and that he's being supportive. HUGS! 

@buddysmom80 - Need. Pictures. STAT! I'm so freaking excited for you and T. 

@CocoBellaF - That looks so amazingly delicious! 

• @buddysmom80 - I used grapeseed oil, but you might try a canola/veg oil instead of EVOO, only because you don't want the smoke point to be too high with the EVOO.  I did use a cast iron dutch oven, and it was FABULOUS.  I also doubled the tomatillos, because I love them.  :)
  • @swazzle - I love the tat!

@buddysmom80 - Squeee!  I'm excited for you...enjoy this time!

@beanbot2002 - I'm sorry about Bean's birthday but I'm really glad you let him eat cake for breakfast.  :)

@LivLeighton - You two are so frigging cute together and I love the new hair color!  I'm sorry to hear about the social anxiety B went through. 

Our weekend was so relaxing.  I should have worked but didn't. 

On Saturday I went for a 7 mile walk/jog while H worked and then H and I went for a two hour bike ride (I hadn't ridden a bike since I was about 12 so I was wobbly and H was worried but it all ended with well...except for my sore butt).  We then went out to a nice dinner on Saturday and watched our wedding video...it was amazing and like a thearter quality movie.  The videographers did a great job.

On Sunday I went for a 4 milw walk/jog while H worked, then we walked our dog for about an hour together, then we went for another walk together for about 3 miles.  So lots of walking followed by wine and football.  :)

• @PrincessTinyFeet - OH I love burgers! I don't know how I feel about a burger with peanut butter on it. 

• skepticalsskepticals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2013
    @swazzle, most people (including myself) look at it for the first time like its gross. But I swear, that first bite is heaven! I've taken tons of people to eat there and converted every singe one to pb bacon burgers!
    ETA: what's your favorite kind of burger? Where's your favorite place to go for one?
  • Here's some AWing of the new puppy. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping, but when he's awake he's biting you. It's so funny too because he wakes up and just starts terrorizing, there's no yawning or stretching. I wish I had that energy!

Also in the second picture, he fell asleep next to the water bowl with his ear in it. I'll AW some more pictures, BF got a lot of nice pictures of him!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Buddysmom80, your puppy is adorable!! What's his name? Is he a golden?
  • @buddysmom80 I'm literally dying right now! That is the cutest little thing!!!! 

@swazzle -I just screamed...I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. 2 months is unreal to me lol.
  • @buddysmom80 -Now that I've collected myself...I actually went back and read your original post instead of jumping straight into puppy world and I'm soooo excited for you and your BF! What an amazing moment hearing that from your dad lol. I would have laughed and then cried. I can't wait until "that moment" happens for you.
  • Thanks ladies! He's so peaceful when he's sleeping! I tried to convince BF I wanted a puppy next and after this weekend, I'm glad we DIDN'T get a puppy!

@princesstinyfeet yes he's a golden retriever. My parent's name him Bart after their friend's golden retriever.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80, OMG I want to bury my face in that puppy!!! I'm so jealous, he's so adorable!

@swazzle and @cu97tiger - thanks!  I'm trying to weigh the importance - one place is offering us a GREAT deal, and their ballroom is reall nice (crystal chandeliers, giant mirrors on the walls to reflect light, etc) but the hotel colors are red and gold whereas we want to go with blues, and we're not sure if it would clash.  I wish I could snap my fingers and have this all just fall into place!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @buddysmom80 - So freaking cute, that puppy is!
  • @minskat30 - You were so active this weekend! I need to stop being lazy immediately. 

@PrincessTinyFeet - I'm sure you're right. I'm always up for trying new things! My favorite burger place is in NYC, it's called Spotted Pig. They serve it with roquefort cheese and the bun is just perfectly toasted. It's one of my favorite things to eat in the world. 

@buddysmom80 - ZOMG he is so freakin cute! He is a ball o' fluff! I love him <3

• @swazzle - It felt so good to get out and enjoy the sunshine.  I love walking so I don't even notice when two hours flies by.  I used to walk and be this active every weekend but the last six months I've been lazy and now nothing fits.  This weekend really gave me the jump start I needed so I'm excited to get back into fitness...I think everyone just needs a little bit of a break after getting married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards