Not Engaged Yet

Weekend?

2»

Re: Weekend?

• @swazzle - He is very happy.  "He keeps saying it's so weird, I can see" haha 

@buddysmom - oh my god PUPPY!!  He is so stinking cute.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle, that sounds delicious! I want to go on a burger road trip across the country and try all the crazy burger places!
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Morning ladies!

I had a really great weekend.  I was sad for Monday to get here because of it.  Friday night H, BIL, and I went to an Ovarian Cancer Fundraiser.   We ran a race for the organization this spring in honor of their aunt.   At the time she had been valiantly fight OC for 10 years.  She lost her battle this July.  The three of us decided to continue and honor her through the NOCC organization and attend any fundraising event the hold in her memory. 

This month is OC awareness month and many of Chicago's buildings are lit teal in honor of it.  H's building is one of the many partaking and its pretty cool to see.   Our goal is to help spread awareness so others don't have to fight the battle H's aunt did.

Saturday was girls night in!  One of my guy BFF's bachelor party was this weekend.  A large chunk of our SO's went to Madison for the WI/Purdue game.  With them out of town we decided to get together.  We had a sleep over Saturday night and drank lots of wine, and ate way to much cheese.  SO. MUCH. FUN.

Sunday was spent being lazy on the couch.  I had true intentions of getting back into working out (I have done zilch since coming back from HI), but the couch got the best of me.  There was a FOUR hour nap involved (who knew sleepovers were so exhausting?), followed up with Dexter, the Bears game, and shoving my face full of Smoke Daddy BBQ.

@swazzle Your tat is super cute!

@minskat30 I'm impressed at all of your fitness this weekend.  Maybe you can motivate me to join you next weekend?

@cu97tiger Yum,  Oktoberfest!  We have one here in Lincoln Square that is amazing.  It makes me heart Fall.   Was yours in Richmond or your home town? 

@LivLeighton Seriously you two are meant for each other.  Gorgeousness.  Sorry B had a rough night!

@buddysmom80 Gah!  Puppy adorableness!  So cute!

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @suzie211 - I'll do my best to stay motivated this week (I lined fitness classes up M-Thurs) so if I keep that up, I'll keep it up for the weekend and send you a gentle nudge if you like.  :)  Don't do what I did and sit around for 6 months post-marriage and gain a bunch of weight (unless you are gaining the good kind from success at TTC).  ;)  And your cheese eating = yum.  Wine and cheese is why I have to workout...seriously, I can't say no to wine and cheese.
  • @swazzle, I love the tattoo. I have an apt after work tomorrow to go discuss my next one. Sunbird drew it up for me, I just need to configure size and location.

My weekend was pretty chill. Friday night, R , myself and his son went to watch a high school football game, then back to R's to chill. Saturday I sold my cal king bed and went to R's sons football game then back to R's. Sunday was lazy day. Sleeping in and sexy time until football. Watched half the bengals game then went to walmart and went grocery shopping. Then laundry and cleaning.

All in all it was a pretty damn good weekend . I need more if those
  • My weekend was reeeeally so-so. Highs and lows.

The cold I've been battling for over a week finally hit me hard. I've been heavily immunosuppressed for several months, so it was a long time coming. Saturday night was my grandmother's big party, and parts of it were really wonderful--seeing people I hadn't seen in a while, spending time with my family, gushing with my cousin about our wedding plans.

My sister took me aside to talk about our dad, since I'm estranged from him and she's not. It was really difficult to talk with her about it, since she's really struggling to deal with the situation, and it's really clear that she doesn't really know what she wants to happen (besides for everything to be all right again). She's really heartbroken that we're not going to invite my dad to the wedding, to the point where she's not sure she can be a bridesmaid for me.

I mean, she was appalled that I thought she might not come to the wedding (like, she couldn't believe I was afraid she might not come), and she's definitely up for doing a reading during the ceremony. So ... I think someone (my cousin or my mom) might talk to her about the whole bridesmaid thing. I did explain (when I asked her) that all it would be would be to walk down the aisle with one of my future brothers-in-law, and do a reading during the ceremony. No organizing parties or wearing a certain dress or anything. But I'll give her some time.

Yesterday, my partner and I just stayed in all day. I was definitely much sicker than I was on Saturday. We ordered in a lot of food, and watched a lot of TV. I wish I hadn't been sick!

I am now home sick. I had some work to do in the lab, and I had to teach, so I couldn't stay home all day to rest. But I've got some juice and some tea and I'm ready to kick this cold!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • edited September 2013
    Woo phira! Kick the cold's ass! Did it go through your campus, too? As near as we can tell, that's how I got sick - something horrific went through campus and Typhoid BF brought it home to me.
  • Yeah, there's been a couple of bugs going around for a while. I caught this one early on in the semester, after the first week of classes, and it finally took me down!

I'm lol-ing over here at "Typhoid BF."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards