Ohio-Columbus
Options

Help!! Photography locations and seeing each other before ceremony?!

Just wondering if you ladies have any nice photography locations for my wedding near downtown (dock580) at the end of October? Also, what are your opinions on doing pictures before the ceremony together (doing a "first look" type picture) instead of waiting until after the ceremony for the group pictures? 

Re: Help!! Photography locations and seeing each other before ceremony?!

• Options
    We are doing a first look, with a morning ceremony it just made sense because we didn't want a long cocktail hour before lunch.

There are some parks and green space in downtown, and there is a neat arch thing across from Nationwide Arena.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    We did a first look. We shot at Scioto Mile along the river. On the Broad Street bring. Northbank Park and the railroad tracks along the bike path. Short North and the Arena District have lots of cool spots. Genoa Park behind COSI has a great city skyline.

I prefer the first look as it eliminates the dreaded gap and allows you to get to cocktail hour sooner. It is also to have some (almost) alone time with your FI on the day. You and the photog won't be as rushed and lots of people think it helped them be less nervous for the ceremony.

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I am a fan of the "first look" if the pictures and photo shoot is important to you.  That way, you and your hubby (and wedding party or whoever) can see each other, be together, have a fun photo shoot with lots of options ... and then, return to your ceremony, get married, and then actually be a part of your party (as hosts/or honorees!)   

I've been to too many receptions that the bride and groom (and sometimes wedding party and family) didn't even appear for an hour, or hour and a half ... or TWO hours!  It's awkward as a guest to feel like you're at a party without the hosts....

• Options

I guess I am the only one against first looks! I really wanted that butterfly in the stomach feeling when I walked down the aisle- which I got:)

But for pics- I saw someone said the arch and If there is not wedding going on, try north bank park-very pretty!

• Options
    I still got the butterflies when i saw him at the end of the aisle despite doing the first look. I don't think it took away from the feeling at all imho :-)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I want to do a first look but FI is against it. the Scioto Mile park is nice. The Broad St bridge over the river lights up In the evening and the are a lot of cute swings and fountains that area. You would have to drive there of course but it's only like 5 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards