New Jersey
Options

Venue Help - North Jersey - Up to $150pp

Hi,

I am in the middle of searching for venues in North Jersey and we're having trouble finding something we agree on. We'd like to do a Saturday evening wedding with per person cost not exceeding $150 (the $150 excludes tax and tip).

Most of the venues up here seem to either be $200+ for a Saturday night. We looked at the Manor and Highlawn Pavilion in our price range, but I'm not a fan of the room shape at the Highlawn Pavilion and I'm holding out for something slightly more modern than the Manor.

Suggestions welcome for venues that meet the following criteria:

(1) Up to $150 in price
(2) Cocktail hour in separate room/area from reception
(3) Not a country club
(4) Ballroom type area for reception

Thanks!

Re: Venue Help - North Jersey - Up to $150pp

• Options
    Oh, I forgot to add that we're looking in August, September and October of 2014. I haven't been able to sell my fiance on a winter wedding.
  • Options
    @hellokatieo Royal Manor, Old Tappan Manor, Valley Regency, Biagios are in the your budget and fit all your criteria. How many people are you planning on having? some places require a minimum number of people for Saturday nights. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am having my wedding at the Old Tappan Manor in 2 weeks. Our pricing is in your range for a Saturday night wedding. August was cheaper, September and October had the same price per person when we were quoted last year. Our minimum was 180, however they seemed very flexible, we just knew we would meet that number due our large extended family/friends. The cocktail hour room is seperate from the ballroom and both have been recently renovated. The ballroom is gorgeous and has huge windows, it is what sold me on the place. They have a pretty outside area for pictures and the bridal suite was also recently renovated. Everything looks very new and clean. The food at our tasting was very good and a friend of mine went there for an event recently and said the cocktail hour food was great! Also, if it matters to you ( it did not matter to me) they have only one wedding at a time there. The catering manager, Martin, has been very helpful so far. I would recommend that you give them a call and check it out!
  • Options
    Park Avenue Club, Bernards Inn, Madison Hotel. They might quote you a bit higher depending on the time of year, but you can easily get these in your price range.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions! We're looking at 175 guests, most likely. I'm looking into all of your ideas this afternoon.
  • Options
    I second the Madison Hotel. 
  • Options
    il tulipano! You have the whole place to yourself and they have a separate room for cocktail/reception. I believe they are right around 150 pp on a Saturday night in peak season.
  • Options
    Brownstone in Paterson works with any price/budget

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    The Brownstone would accommodate your budget, but they aren't modern.  More like The Manor.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    il Tulipano or the Brownstone

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    Il tulipano is wonderful!! I loved Park Avenue Club and Bernard's Inn but I respectfully disagree with JerseyAKL. I think they may be over budget. It's worth checking especially depending on time of year. I know my friend got married just last May at Bernard's and it was over $150/pp. That being said, negotiation is ALWAYS possible, so I'd try. Both venues are also gorgeous with great food.
  • Options
    I am actually paying less than $150 per person at Park Avenue Club, including service and tip. We got a good deal because we booked in the same year as the wedding, but their normal price is about $135++. Bernards Inn actually offered to match my PAC price, but even without that they were running a $145 per person rate. Granted, that won't be the case for all times of the year, but at least you know that they are flexible and do want your business! 
  • Options
    During our venue search we looked at the Nyack Seaport in Nyack, NY. Obviously not in New Jersey but it's literally right over the NJ/NY border. It was right on the water and had beautiful views of the Tappan Zee Bridge. Ultimately, we chose Seasons in Washington Township for our September 2014 wedding but the Seaport was our second choice. Also very budget friendly! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Brownstone fits your description! :) 

• Options
    It's not really modern but The Graycliff fits the other criteria. We got married there and people still talk about the food.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards