Wedding Invitations & Paper

Online Save the Dates-Good or Bad?

I just read on the Knot where you could send online save the dates. This appealed to me because of course, it saves money! Has anyone ever done this, and do you think it is a good idea?

Re: Online Save the Dates-Good or Bad?

• I just read on the Knot where you could send online save the dates. This appealed to me because of course, it saves money! Has anyone ever done this, and do you think it is a good idea?

Do you remember emails or FB messages you received 8-10 months ago? Probably not.

With a paper STD, at least you have the chance that folks will tack it on the bulletin board or fridge.

STDs aren't required, so if you're tight on budget...no need to send them.

• I would just email your VIPs and let them know you've set a date. If they choose to write it down at that time (I would), then consider that your STD. Free!!
    *********************************************************************************

• If you are on a budget skip them. I wouldnt want to risk someone forwarding your STD to someone who isn't invited,
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tried to use a Knot tool to do this and not all of them were delivered.  We then had to follow up with personal emails with links to our wedding website. If you go the online route I wouldn't use Knot tools.
  • We are thinking of doing this. So far, we haven't found any cons! I think we might do it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards