Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii, St. Lucia, or Jamiaca

We have no idea where to honeymoon. We have it narrowed down between these three - Hawaii, St. Lucia, or Jamiaca. What places are more expensive, who has better beaches, all inclusive resorts? Any opinions and information are helpful. Would you recommend any other island and why?

Re: Hawaii, St. Lucia, or Jamiaca

• Those are all very different places!!! What is your budget? What types of activities do you like? Where are you traveling from? IMHO, I'd do Hawaii, St. Lucia, then Jamaica. However, being on the West Coast, Hawaii is the easiest to get to. Hawaii does not have any all inclusives. St. Lucia has a few and they'll for the most part be a little more expensive than Jamaica. The beaches are not the main attraction in St. Lucia and some of the best resorts are up in the hills rather than right on the beach.

• I've been to Sandals in both St. Lucia and Jamaica. I loved both. Jamaica is more beachy and there were more fun excursions to do off of the resort.  However the Golf & Spa Sandals in St. Lucia was by far the more luxurious option. 
  • I am going to the Sandals in St. Lucia and I am staying at the Golf and Spa resort one. We only had to pay a little under $5,000 and that's with airfare and a 7 night stay. 
  • St. Lucia and Jamaica wil be comparable - St. Lucia will be slightly more expensive.

Hawaii will be more expensive, but it is also my favorite of the three - there's just so much to do there, and being from the East coast, i had been to the caribbean islands so many times (they all almost look the same after a while) that Hawaii was a nice change of pace.  However if i lived on the West coast i might feel the opposite!  there's a lot at play here.

also, if you just want to lay on the beach, you may as well go with the cheapest option.  if you have other interests, some places are better than others.  For example, if you're an avid hiker, do Hawaii.  There are so many different kinds of trails there, you can do a different looking hike every day.  Flight length may also be a consideration for you (that flight from the east coast to hawaii can be painful).  Go to the library and grab a guidebook for each one - some research might make the decision easier.

• I have been to Hawaii twice, once for vacation and once for our honeymoon. 

We vacationed in August and stayed at the Grand Waileia on Maui. It was over-the-top, and we had such a fabulous time! 

We honeymooned in Kauai and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. Again, fabulous experience.

There are no all-inclusives in Hawaii, and you will need a car (unless you plan on staying at your hotel the whole time). I suggest trying to leave on a Monday as it is usually a little bit cheaper. The flight is long, but it's worth it! I am currently pricing going back for our anniversary in February, and it is very comparable to St. Lucia pricing. 
    Anniversary
  • Hawaii is the most expensive  & as others have pointed out there are no AIs.

St. Lucia is gorgeous & IMO much more luxurious than Jamaica but Jamaica is probably going to give you your best value.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards