Plus-Sized

Christmas themed save the dates/engament pictures

Our wedding is in June but we thought it would be a cute idea to take pictures when the lights are up in our town for Christmas so we could get the lights in and also double as a sort of Christmas card. Plus, the weather here in Oklahoma should be cooler so we won't melt in the heat. I worry that this might seem tacky or cheap though. Any thoughts on the matter?

Re: Christmas themed save the dates/engament pictures

• zigadora2 said:
    Our wedding is in June but we thought it would be a cute idea to take pictures when the lights are up in our town for Christmas so we could get the lights in and also double as a sort of Christmas card. Plus, the weather here in Oklahoma should be cooler so we won't melt in the heat. I worry that this might seem tacky or cheap though. Any thoughts on the matter?
    I think it sounds like a lovely plan!
  • I think that would be really cute! 
  • I'm not super sure on that one, but that is just my opinion.  I just wouldn't want you to lose the wedding vibe amongst too much Christmas KWIM.  Not that you can't have some lights in the background, but if you go full on Christmas Tree (unless you met/got engaged or something significant on Christmas) it just might come across a little strange.  Although you could absolutely include an engagement shot in your Christmas cards, making your engagement shoot focused on Christmas seems a bit strange to me.
  • We are actually doing something similar...we are incorporating our save the dates into our holiday cards. One side will be photos of us that will have a "happy holidays" feel to it and then the other side is our favorite photo from engagement photos and it has the "save the date" information. 

I do agree with the PP that your engagement photos should not all be about the holidays! Just my opinion though.

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tigger, We are doing the same thing as you. I agree!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards