Wedding Woes
Options

A Prudie chat question to tide you over @Auntflo

This is a bag of 'WTF?!'

Q. Help Me Tell Him!: I found out a few weeks ago that I'm expecting a child. My husband has two children from a previous marriage. About two years ago I got pregnant and my husband went into a violent depression. He didn't speak to me for weeks except to tell me how I had ruined his life. Then, when I miscarried he celebrated. I started bleeding in the grocery store, and he fell to his knees and "praised God" for this wonderful blessing. After months of therapy, we decided to try to make the marriage work, under the agreement that we would never have a child together. However, I now find myself pregnant again. And, I want this baby as much as I wanted the last one. The trouble is, I decided back then that I would never want a child with my husband. There is a very good chance that my husband will divorce me and leave a man-shaped hole in the front door as he grabs his two kids and runs as far away as he can. I am not ready for the end of the marriage I have put so many years and so much work into. But, I'm even more not ready to hear my husband try to talk me into an abortion—which is not an option. And, I think it would be traumatic for my stepchildren to watch me carry a baby to term and then put it up for adoption. They are well old enough to know what's happening. Plus, I could never part with my child. I have to tell him. But how?

Re: A Prudie chat question to tide you over @Auntflo

• Options
    omg auntflo -- how terrible for you. i have no advice for you other but i hope you witness a terrible crime and have to go into witness protection alone.
  • Options

Please to not be standing at the top of the stairs when you tell him.

Seriously though.  This is awful.

• Options
    WTF indeed.   So, when you decided to stay with the bastard, and decided that you would never have children with him - - what further action did you take to make sure you would never get pregnant???  Did he get a vasectomy, did you get your tubes tied, or an IUD?  HOW COULD YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN???   Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who understands how you get pregnant.
  • Options
    Wonderwife was so wise.
  • Options
    Mrs Conn, do you need to borrow Pmeg's DIY vasectomy kit? Maybe go to the farm store, pick up those castration rubber bands they use for sheep or something?
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    alikatt17alikatt17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    WTF.  Speaking to your spouse or using birth control should not be difficult. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    This really is a bag of Wtf. Why is the guy such a d bag?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards